We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

Which Grand Baie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

Hi. We are thinking of visting this hotel in June of next year and just a few questions that we have. We are not really big drinkers so we thought that maybe we should go Half Board instead of All Inclusive but saying that we do like to laze around by the beach/Pool during the day so could we eat in the hotel at lunch times and then go out into Grand Baie in the evening times. My next question is is it expensive to eat out ? And finally do they get a lot of sun at that time of year ?

Any help on these matters would be a great help. Thank you

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,054 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

Its only been one day - Mauritian hotels are notroriously slow at answering emails - give it another day and then send another email ;)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

Plus it's Diwali, so like anywhere at holiday times staff in hotels are stretched with all the extra work.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

Hi. Thanks for everyones replies . We think that we will now go Half board at the Merville and we wondered if anyone else had done that and could they answer a few questions. How much are lunches just a sandwich or a pizza / also Neither of us really drink that much we may have just a soft drink during the day and I may have a beer or two and the wife likes the odd cocktail in the evening are they expensive, we just wondered what we should budget for each day. Your help will be much appreciated.

Berwick Upon Tweed
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

I am going to Merville this week so I will let you know what the prices are like. I am AI but I will check for you

Anne

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

Thanks very much I would appreciate any help...

16. Re: Merville Beach Resort Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie