We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lates news- Chikungunya

Austria
1 post
Save Topic
Lates news- Chikungunya

Hello! Please, tell me how are the lates reports abaut virus Chikungunya in Mauritius. I and my friend want to go in Peyerebere in june!

Thenks!

Nora

Sydney
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lates news- Chikungunya

Hi Nora

Check the Australian Smart Traveller website at smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/…Health_Issues for some lastest news on Chikungunya.

Apparently, I quote "the number of reported new cases is now declining. However, many cases may not be reported to health or government officials. Travellers to Reunion, Seychelles and Mauritius are advised to adopt the same common sense strategies they would normally apply in areas affected by other mosquito-borne viruses such as malaria: wear long-sleeved shirts, long trousers and socks when outdoors, apply mosquito repellent on a regular basis throughout the day, avoid being outdoors at dusk and use mosquito nets and mosquito coils at night."

If you are really concerned about being bitten by the mosquitoes while in Mauritius, there is also an interesting article on vitamin B and mosquitoes and most biting bugs at findarticles.com/p/…ai_87854513

I cannot confirm whether it is true but apparently if you take a B complex vitimin this will keep most of the mosquitoes and bug biters away.

The vitamin alters your body odor to ward off bugs. Anyone who have tried this might confirm whether this is true or a myth.

But now that it is winter time over there, there should be less mosquitoes.

Well, enjoy your hols in Mauritius and don't let the mossies ruin your time there.

Cheers

2. Re: Lates news- Chikungunya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie