We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused Over the selection of hotels

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Confused Over the selection of hotels

Hello,

I am planning for my honeymoon in Mauritius in the 1st week of May.

I have listed out the priorities that me and my fiance were thinking about and weighing our options about the hotels in Mauritius.

1. We were looking for a four star decent hotel.

2. Hotel should be well connected to the rest of the island.

3. It should be near the market area and social life of Mauritius. Preferably in the range of walking distance.

4. Closer to bus stop as it is the cheaper mean of transportation in Mauritius.

5. A place where we would get option of local travel agents such as for the selection of catamaran cruise so we don't have to be entirely dependent on the hotel itself.

After considering all these points we decided on staying in the Grand Baie area as it fulfills all the requirements.

In Grand Baie we decided on booking ‘Le Mauricia” in Grand Baie after reading all the helpful discussions in trip advisor. We also checked Le canonier but we were not much impressed by their beach as we thought it to be too rocky. Also nowadays Canonier is not receiving much good traveler reviews.

Unfortunately we got the reply that the booking for Le Mauricia is full. Now we are confused as what other options are there which would fulfill these conditions.

Seeking your guidance.

Regards,

Visha

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused Over the selection of hotels

Have you looked at the Merville Beach? It's very handy for Grande Baie.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,620 posts
1,875 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused Over the selection of hotels

I would also look at merville beach

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,354 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused Over the selection of hotels

Also look at Veranda Grand Baie next door to Le Mauricia.

www.veranda-resorts.com

4. Re: Confused Over the selection of hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Baie