We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shandrani Rooms

Which Blue Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Shandrani Rooms

According to this document: shandrani-resort.com/downloads/MU_S/hotel_fa… it says the Superior Rooms have a rount bathtub but when looking on YouTube, this video (posted April 2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROGJyJxi24 shows a different room layout?

Can anyone who's been there recently advise on if the Superior rooms have the round tubs? I dont really want to bother my travel agent with these silly questions. (my fiance and I are honeymooning there in May and I fell in love with the round tub lol)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,034 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shandrani Rooms

Hi,

We stayed there last November and I put a review up and on my photos the bathtub is a square one.

We had a refurbished deluxe room though sorry not a Superior room.

If its important to you then perhaps drop them an email?

You can find their email address on their factsheet.

Bronia :)

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shandrani Rooms

Thanks. Cant change it if its not a round tub lol so wouldnt help messaging the hotel. The factsheet shows the deluxe room has a normal tub so least thats confirmed lol. Thanks though :)

I'm just really excited, never been out of South Africa before lol

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shandrani Rooms

You are going to have a fabulous time. Mauritius is a lovely place and Shandrani is very special, round bath tubs or not. LOL. When are you going? Are you flying direct CPT-MRU or via Jo'burg?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shandrani Rooms

Lol I know! I just luuuurve that bathtub haha! We're going Cpt to Mau to Jhb then Kulula back to Cpt lol worked out cheaper. So excited!!

5. Re: Shandrani Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, January 25, 2013
6. Re: Shandrani Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, January 25, 2013
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,034 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shandrani Rooms

I prefer the square ones!

The round free standing ones in the centre of the bathrooms I end up splashing everywhere!

Enjoy Shandrani, its really lovely, the AI is fabulous and the staff will spoil you rotten!

Best Wishes

Bronia :-)

UK
Level Contributor
445 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shandrani Rooms

The Senior Suites have big round tubs. They're gorgeous, spacious rooms. Have a look on the hotel website, they have good room descriptions.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shandrani Rooms

Thanks to the mods for removing my duplicate posts lol I was posting from my cell and it posted it 3 times over lol

polski483, the room brief does show the round baths for the Senior Suites but also for the Superior Suites which is why I'm asking. The photos I've seen of the round tubs dont seem to fit the layout of the Senior Suites which is why I was confused.

Anyway, it doesnt matter. Thanks guys! I'm super excited (as I've said so many times already haha!)

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shandrani Rooms

I'm interested in who you booked through to get a return flight via Jhb instead of return trip CPT - MRU. Will you let me know who you used, either on forum or via PM as I'm always looking for the cheapest options?

Thanks very much and enjoy the excitement - that's part of the fun of going on holiday!!!

Get answers to your questions about Blue Bay