We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Weather Blue Bay

darlington
Level Contributor
58 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Current Weather Blue Bay

Hi

I'm travelling to Shandrani Sunday and the forecast for the whole of next week is rain!!! Is the weather currently bad there at the moment does anyone know and is this forecast in keeping with the time of year?

Thanks

Sarah

La Criee Ltee
Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Totof Maurice
Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Bonobo Ltd
Speed Boats Tours
Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Current Weather Blue Bay

Hi Bronia

Thank you for the wonderfull wishes! Only a Mauritian can wish that upon a poor soul deprived from sharing their paradise with them!lol!

It is not a major plane or train smash if you did not get to Bagatelle yet Bronia, it is less than 4 months before we arrive and I just hope that the freeways will operate better by that time. We have the same problem locally with the new toll road erected in Gauteng province and are we going to pay!

If you do by any chance get around to it, please infrom us on TA about your experiences? If I get there and you don't perhaps, I will do like wise.

Thank you Bronia, I will certainly have a look at Super-U when we get around to it. My BBQ I am going to have, by hook or by crook!

Keep well!

JohnnyO

Mentioned in this post
Gauteng
Gauteng
South Africa
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
43,392 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Current Weather Blue Bay

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the compliment but I am actually a Brit, though I am in the process of getting my residency here (lots of red tape, endless legalities, form filling.)

Re Bagatelle I will definitely go on my next trip here, which could be early May (with my free EK flights) So I go back to the UK next Tuesday after 6 weeks here then probably back here 8th May - if EK has room for us!

In any case I am back in June through to 1st August so will be able to check it out.

My friends here say that the meat at Pick'npay is much better than that of other supermarkets so thats good news for your proposed BBQ!

Warmest wishes,

Bronia :-)

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Current Weather Blue Bay

Ah Bronia!

Thank you for that valuable info on the meat! The hotels don't serve much meat to be honest. Suppose it's to expensive.

I will really appreciate your feed back Bronia, regarding Bagatelle. I beleive ther is a Pick & PAy in Triolet as well? Or is it Mont Choicy? Either town apparently now also have a Pick & PAy outlet, any truth in that? Will appreciate your input.

If it come to the matter of not having a BBQ, I will opt for a dinenr out at a restaurant in Grand Baie. I can't recall the name but it's a steakhuose situated next to a filling station in Grand Baie. The only filling station I know of in Grand Baie is close to La Mauricia hotel and it is a Total station. Do you perhaps know about this restaurant?

Ah! A Brit but wth feet anchored in Mauritius I dare say! I assuemd that much and therefor I called you a Mauritian my good lady. I hope all go well regrding your immigration Bronia. It's Africa, things take their own good time I dare say. Do you intend retiring in Maritius? If you do, lucky you!

Enjoy your flight back to the UK and the journey back to parradise. Hope you will enjoy the winter in Mauritius!

Regards

JohnnyO

Mentioned in this post
Grand Baie
Grand Baie
Mauritius
14. Re: Current Weather Blue Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Blue Bay