We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

Which Blue Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
darlington
Level Contributor
58 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

Hi

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for travelling to other golf courses? We are going to Shandrani in April for 3 weeks and my fiance is keen to take his clubs and try other courses nearby. Can anyone recommend any good ones for a decent price and also suggest transport as I'm a bit puzzled as to how the taxis work out there with paying for the day as i can see that being quite expensive. Maybe hiring a car would be cheaper and easier for a few days?

Any suggestions welcome

thanks

Sarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,523 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

In the east, the two best courses are at the Belle Mare Plage hotel and Le Tousserok (Bernhart Langer designed).

You might want to email the hotel for golf prices and you should consider booking a driver for the day to take you there and back and wait.

At the Shandrani, there would be taxis waiting outside the hotel. I suggest you engage in a conversation with a few, find out about prices and barter a bit.

The alternative is to hire a small car for a few days. Do take golf clubs with you, its expensive to hire them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

On the West you have Tamarina course and Heritage Golf Club, both are very good courses.

I would hire a car, but taxis are very affordable and will normally wait with you until you return.

darlington
Level Contributor
58 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

Thanks very much for the replies, do you know roughly how much a taxi would be for the day to hire roughly? I think i read somewhere approx £40? What about the course at Paradis hotel another beachcomber one has anyone played there? Thanks so much everyone for the help,

newcastle
Level Contributor
792 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

If you're staying at shandrani you may be able to stay for a night or 2 at one of the other beachcomber properties for no extra charge. It's probably worth speaking to reception when you get there. It's obviously subject to availability, but when we spoke to management I think paradis is possible from shandrani.

darlington
Level Contributor
58 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

Thats really helpful thanks I hadnt even thought of that! I will enquire about it.

6. Re: Accessing other golf courses from Shandrani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Blue Bay