We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

Which Blue Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire
2 posts
Save Topic
Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

We are planning to have our wedding at the Shandrani Resort & Spa in November 2011. Has anyone got married here recently? Would like to hear your opinions of the hotel/wedding locations etc.

Thanks,

Laura

metts08
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

Hi we have just returned today from the Shandrani. This is our second visit, got married there in 2000 and returned this year to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. The hotel is still fantastic although the service did let us down a bit this time. There were weddings taking place every day and we gather that they have inflated the price somewhat and introduced different wedding packages. We did speak to most of the brides and they all said they had a fantastic day. The bonus about this hotel is that as there is only one wedding per day, if they get a rain shower, (they are very brief) they'll delay the ceremony until it passes. There are lots of different places to get married on the resort and you basically get to choose where you want to hold the wedding (on the beach or golf course) and then if you want a meal in one of the restaurants or a BBQ on one of the beaches. I think one couple went out afterwards on a trip on a catermeran. You do still have to choose what cake, flowers, location, photographs etc you want. The only thing I would advise is to e-mail the hotel prior to arriving to book your restaurant reservations. The buffet which you don't have to book is nothing special but the other restaurants are great. Problem is they are all fully booked by the time you arrive. The restaurants are quite accommodating if you don't like something on the menu. Don't be put off by the planes flying overhead, they have increased somewhat in ten years but you can't hear from your room and the noise only lasts a few minutes and quite a something to see. Another bonus is after an 11 hour + flight the 10 minute drive to the airport is welcome. 10 years ago we did Mauritius and Seychelles and this time we did Cape Town then Mauritius. The new spa is excellent plenty of facilities to have your hair and make up done.

If there is anything specific you want to know, I will try and help.

2. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:56 am, July 12, 2012
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

Hi,

My partner and I are getting married at the Shandrani in about 3 weeks, (I can't wait!), so I'll let you know how it goes & all the detail etc. when we're back. :-)

x

metts08
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

congratulations hope you have a fabulous time. Don't forget to try and make your restaurant reservations in advance so you don't miss out although not sure how busy will be this time of year.

Hope it is everything you dreamed of and more. Have a dodo cocktail for me!!!

scotland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

Hello, We got married here on 9th September and it was amazing!! Everything about the resort is amazing and the wedding day itself was perfect. Sandrine could not have done anymore to make our day perfect. Email if you have any specific questions. Suz

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

My wedding is booked at the Shandrani for the 9th November !! obviously quite a good place to get married ;o) how exciting!

I have tried emailing the hotel to get more info about bits and bobs but they have never replied!! not the best start, but apparantly you can have an amazing day :o)

scotland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

Hi Laura, We got married there last Sept and it is amazing!! We could not have wished for a better day. Email me if you have any questions, I know I had loads when I was planning our day. Suz

8. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:57 am, July 12, 2012
London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

How exciting! I've still not managed to get hold of the hotel as I want to sort out a few bits - I know we have a while yet but in 6 months time we will be there :0) have you got your dress and everything sorted out?

10. Re: Wedding at Shandrani, Mauritius

Removed on: 4:57 am, July 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Blue Bay