We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Which Balaclava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
Save Topic
Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Really hope someone can help us, tried e-mailing hotel but have not had a response yet and need to make a decision in the next couple of days. Could anyone let me know whether the buffet restaurant serves french fries, Plain grilled chicken, steaks, pizzas, burgers and that kind of thing on a daily basis? We have fussy children and would hate to spend so much money for them to not find anything they like. Also on all inclusive option are icecreams available throughout the day? Is there any kind of mini shop on site to buy icecreams, chocolate etc?

Can children aged 16 and 13 use the gym with parental supervision?

We want to book two Colonial Style Prestige rooms, not on the ground floor, does anyone know if these are available in interconnecting format?

Lastly, (sorry for so many questions!), booking would be for August. we have researched temperatures but just wanted opinions - Europe is too hot for me in August and I know its Cooler here but would it still be hot enough to sunbathe, use the pool and swim in the sea - used to british summer temperatures! Hope someone can help, many thanks in advance

11. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 25, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

Stayed at Maritim last June and can help with a couple of your questions:

Burgers, chips, steaks and plain chicken are served every day at lunch and if I remember there was pizza a couple of times. There is a special area set aside for kids meals.

Interconnecting rooms - yes hey do have them - ours was just along from reception on 1st floor -afraid I can't remember the numbers though

Ice creams - yes down near the beach there is an ice cream station - didn't use it, so don't know if it was free though sorry.

Weather in June was fine -others on here will know ore about August.

Hope this helps

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
696 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

We went last summer.

The food is very varied, they usually had something like burgers in the main restaurant though. Near the pool there is a little bar which serves that kind of stuff throughout the day. Same by the beach where you can order slightly more upmarket sweet snacks. The rooms where we stayed had a big door and a kind of porch, then two separate rooms behind them.

The gym I think is officially 15+ but they don't really mind.

We went in July. It was a tad cold on a few days, but was generally just over 20 degrees Celsius. The sea water was warm, the pool was not particularly.

14. Re: Maritim Hotel Mauritius - Food, Gym, August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Balaclava