We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cricket and English tv in general

Which Balaclava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Cricket and English tv in general

This must be the most random question ever but my son wants to know if he is going to be able to get the 5th Ashes test on Tv while we are at the Maritim? What nationality do the satellite channels tend to be? He can of course put the Maritim's wifi to the test and listen to Test match special, but he is hoping to watch some of it as well.

Thanks

Apologies to any Aussies reading.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
34,965 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

You should be able to get BBC CNN and quite a few foreign stations on the hotel satellite.

We have English, French, German, Chinese, Arabic stations.

The local MBC channel 3 also broadcasts football, not sure about cricket!

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,512 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

Some of the hotels (Beachcomber) have a couple of the South African Supersport channels - hopefully Maritim will as well. My son watched rugby when we were there so he was totally happy!

Congrats to England on winning the Ashes! It's been great to watch from down here in South Africa.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
17,152 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

You might get the cricket on a French speaking channel. In June we watched tennis (Wimbledon) and just turned the sound down, if you enjoy and follow a sport I don't think the commentary is necessary.

Have a great holiday at the Maritim

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

Alex is convinced there will be an Irish bar where he can watch it. His theory is wherever you are in the world there is an Irish bar. He may be about to be proved wrong.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

It looks possible...DSTV the South African satellite company appear to be televising the fifth test next week on their Supersport channel BUT it all depends on whether the Maritim subscribe to DSTV .....they could well do but I am not sure.You might like to email the hotel to ask?

London, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

I can't remember if there was that particular channel, but the alternative is keep an ipad next to you and follow the match on Cricinfo down by the pool! The WiFi is pretty good there

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

He is a happy boy. Sky sports coverage syndicated on South African tv.

8. Re: Cricket and English tv in general

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Balaclava