We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Questions ?

Just went out and booked 3 weeks at the Maritim next year for the wife's 50th in May,

booked a prestige room and was wondering do you get better views from upstairs rooms or are ground floor just as good?

Plus wondered if anyone had a map layout of the Maritim showing were the rooms are situated to the facilities.

how far back are the rooms set back from the beach?

hope someone can help

cheers

Vava Voom
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,029 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions ?

Hi,

I haven't stayed at Maritim, just visited it so can't really help you with specific rooms but a few people who have sometimes read the forum and will be better able to help should they see your post.

In the meantime if you haven't already done so look at their website which gives room details and an e-brochure of the resort - also you can contact them via the email address listed on the website to ask them questions directly.

maritim.com/en/…hotel-mauritius

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions ?

I've recently returned from the Maritim, and I can recommend room 426. It's on the top floor, overlooking the beach house (where you get the towels from. You can a view of the grounds, the trees and a slight view of the beach and see. If you're on the ground floor you are able to walk out of your french doors and can then walk to the beach, but it's only a couple of mins walk for anyone.

No rooms are right on the beach, but it's really not far to get to it.

The best place to relax on the beach is to the left hand side of La Maree (as you look at it) just over the small brigde that crosses the pond. Not that many people there any right next to the beach service guys.

The Maritim gets brilliant views in the evenings as the sun sets over the bay, so to get the best view just walk along the beach (there are plenty of benches) or sit in the Quarterdeck bar.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions

London, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions ?

Cant really add much to arunsharma82, except currently on first floor watersports side. All rooms face sea, set back about 30/40yds from beach. Only downside if ground floor is people can walk past your french windows!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions ?

Cheers for your replies :) plus arunsharma82 if i can think of questions i will private message you if thats ok rather than clutter up on here.

Tony

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions ?

How was the phone signal there for o2 ?

6. Re: Questions ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 31, 2014