We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Can anyone help me with the question - how much "extra" does it cost to eat in the (non-buffet) restaurants if you're already on the All Inclusive package?

Thanks in advance!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,354 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Ahhh CMcBee - as a visitor to Maritim 6 times you really ought to share your vast knowledge of this hotel with others. After all, the reviews are the backbone of TA and the first stopping off point for most new TA members.

However - each to their own ;)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,354 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

7 times - sorry!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

9 actually - but who's counting!!

We absolutely adore the place, but find it difficult to write what hasn't already been said a thousand times....more specifically 933 times (as at 15/01)! However i fully agree that the majority of TA's do read the reviews first and foremost, so will make a conscious effort to do so. :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,354 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Please do.

Theres been a lot of discussion about how difficult newbies find it to access the forums now that TA have removed the tab. To access the forums the past year you have to go to the "More" tab next to reviews and the forums option is among four others in a drop down menu.

So what's betting a lot of newbies dont even know the forums exist?

Even when I joined back in July 2006 I read the reviews and it was quite a while before I discovered the forums - which IMO are the backbone of TA.

Discussing this with others a lot of us had the same experience - we all found the reviews first then stumbled upon the forums.

So I imagine its harder for newbies given the fact that TA prefers to have tabs for facebook friends, flights, hotels etc.

We've asked TA to give us a forum tab - to no avail.

Apologies to everyone for going off topic.

Your review will be YOURS - no two reviews are alike though sometimes it might appear so after reading a page or two.;)

Regards

Bronia

Edited: 8:13 am, January 15, 2013
Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,144 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Agree with you Bronia. A lot of people I know who use TripAdvisor have no idea about the forums, they use TA purely for reviews.

Speaking of reviews McBee as you've been 9 times to the Maritim people will read and take notice of your reviews and give it rather more credence than a one hit wonder.

Mazza :-)

16. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:37 pm, February 13, 2013
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

It was my pleasure 'itsmeandher'!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions. I only hope you will love the place as much as we do..!!!

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Did you do any trips there what was the prices or is it best to hire a driver and car

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,144 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Eddiehedgehog - It would be better if you started your own thread as your question differs to the heading of a La Carte costs.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: A La Carte costs at the Maritim

Hi, we hired a car for 3 days, we used it for 2 days , I wouldnt recomend it, take the taxis and drivers , hope this helps you.