We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Quseir for ever.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
El Quseir for ever.

Just came back from a week's stay, I went for diving and stayed at my favored Flamenco Beach & Resort and diving with Pharaoh Dive Club. I was on the first flight out from my home airport after the travel ban was lifted, it was a night flight and I was hoping there would be plenty seats empty, not so, the aircraft was full. Lots of families there must have been at least 50 children on board it's school holiday time in neighboring France. The hotel was at 20 % occupancy but pleasant, no entertainment and just perfect if you like it quiet.

The weather for the first couple of days was very windy and rough sea. Thereafter the wind settled, flawless blue skies and pleasant temperatures about 30C midday, down to 22/23C at diner time outside on the terrace, sea 26-27C according to my dive computer. We were the only ones at the various dive sites.

The town just follows its immutable quiet way of life there were no tourists on the streets, had a haircut at my usual hairdresser, was (over)charged 50 LE (local price 15 LE), prices going up for everything he said with a smile.

Will be back in April next year.

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Quseir for ever.

I am just in the process of booking my Christmas hols for Dec 14. Have decided to stay at Roots Camp.

Really excited now!

Bridge

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Quseir for ever.

That's cool- friends from Cairo have stayed at Roots and had a really nice experience. I need to make it down to this area, sounds pleasant. Do you all take the bus from Hurghada?

Edited: 12:16 pm, January 13, 2014
Swansea
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Quseir for ever.

Yes they pick you up from Hurghada...

Bridge

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Quseir for ever.

I sometimes go via Marsa A. sometimes via Hurghada, my TO/Travco take care of the transfer arrangement it's included in the package.

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Quseir for ever.

hikerLuxembourg,

Thanks for the heads up on El Qusier, I had never even heard of it until I saw your post...Now really excited!

Bridge

6. Re: El Quseir for ever.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 16, 2015
Get answers to your questions about El Quseir