We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

SXB
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

I found a web site of the Soma Bay Resort saying that a Hyatt Regency is going to open there this year. Can anyone confirm or give further information on this property? Here's the link: www.somabay.com/hotel_pages/opening.html This hotel looks awesome!

Merseyside
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

Hello,

We literally just got back from Soma Bay and stayed at the Sheraton. We passed the Hyatt Regency several times and it seems it's nowhere near finished....very much still a building site. Although they state they will open in 2006, I would say more towards the end of the year or most likely in 2007.

If you plan to go to Soma Bay soon, I would definately recommend the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort Hotel. I have posted a review of this hotel which should be published in the next few days.

SXB
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

Thanks for you response but I won't go to Soma Bay before the Hyatt is finished. I saw plans on the internet and found it to look terrific.

SXB
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

Any update?

Jesi
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

I have been told that, due to political situation and terrorism (??) Hyatt stopped the building of the hotel in Soma Bay.

I do not believe it.

BRADFORD
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

Builiding work is still going on at the Hyatt Soma Bay. The main structure of the buildings seem to have been completed but the outer walls, outer cladding and interiors need finishing. Basically it's a shell

6. Re: Hyatt Regency Soma Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 24, 2009