We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks before we go and there is building work!!!!!!

chesterfield
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks before we go and there is building work!!!!!!

We booked this hotel about 2 months ago and are due to travel out on the 16th november....we have just had a letter from thomas cook to say that there is building work going on still and that the spa wont be open and there is still work being done to the rooms and that some noise and visual distrubance can be expected.....we were offered a full refund or could change but would have to pay the difference. We chose to change to the stella makadi and now just hope we have made the right choice? we will let you know..........

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks before we go and there is building work!!!!!!

Hi

Well I had phone call on friday at 4.30pm from Thomas Cook telling me excatly the same only thing is that I am flying out on tuesday 2/11 so no oppotunity to change nothing awailable for the same price, so I am going and will see if I sleep on the beach. Was not happy with them at all. but I did not want to cancel since I had booked my holiday from work. So wish me luck.........

2. Re: 2 weeks before we go and there is building work!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 30, 2011