We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the train station

Which Ticonderoga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pa.
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from the train station

My husband and I are thinking of traveling to Ticonderoga via Amtrak (they've got a 2 for 1 special going on right now). Having never been there before, I was wondering how far away lodging would be and if there is some sort of transportation service available to your hotel or B&B. And once you're there, do you need a car to get around? Thanks in advance for any info.

14 replies to this topic
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from the train station

The train station is in the middle of nowhere. It is really a glorified bus stop therefore you will need to arrange transportation before arriving. In my opinion you will absolutely need a car in the area. Based on overall timing and convenience you are probably better served getting off the train in Albany or Saratoga. Total time may not be much different (could actually be quicker) and access to rental cars is better at those locations especially Albany. The area in and around Ti is terrific and you can have a great time but a car is needed.

Pa.
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from the train station

Much thanks for your assistance!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from the train station

You're welcome

Allentown...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from the train station

We are interested in this trip too. However, the 2 for 1 price is only good from NY, NY to Ticonderoga. Would we be able to get off early?

Allentown...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from the train station

We are also interested in this trip. However, the 2 for 1 fare is only good from Penn Station to Ticonderoga. Would we be able to get off early to get a car?

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from the train station

They would have no way of knowing that you got off early

Allentown...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from the train station

This seems to be a problem. They would not know we got off early, but we do have to return the car and would have to get back on where we returned it. Also, the train trip is part of the fun. There must be some way to get a car to the train station or to get public transportation to somewhere that a car can be rented. We want to take this trip too, but are hesitating because of this.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from the train station

At the risk of sounding like a commercial....enterprise will pick you up ...try them

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from the train station

whitepages.com/business/adirondack-cab-co-ti…

Allentown...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from the train station

The cab company can't stay with you all day. Well maybe if I was rich. And if I was I wouldn't be taking a 2 for 1 train ride. And they don't go an hour away to the airport so you can rent a car. I called and asked.

Reply to: Transportation from the train station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ticonderoga