We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near shopping

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
812 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near shopping

Hello, looking at doing a shopping trip but do not want to stay near the carosel centre. Looking for an area that has a lot of store, outlets, etc. please advise.

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
6,228 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near shopping

Are you interested specifically in the Syracuse area? (basing this on the Carousel Mall reference). If not, the Seneca Falls/Waterloo (about 1 hour west) area has plenty of lodging and there is a large outlet mall nearby.

If you are interested in the Syracuse area, there are plenty of malls if that's what you're after. Armory Square and North Salina St. are a couple of areas with shopping that doesn't involve malls.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
812 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near shopping

We were looking at the Waterloo outlets but not sure if we want to stay there or stay in Syracuse. We went black friday shopping in the area but I can't remember where anything was...lol

Just looking for a decent priced hotel that is clean, I remember there was a strip of big shopping stores but I can't remember where it was, it seemed to be just outside of the main downtown. Maybe where the olive garden was?? If we decide to do the waterloo area, any suggestions? Something not past it though, I don't want to go any further west.

3. Re: Hotel near shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2013