We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from train station to airport

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st. paul
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
from train station to airport

I have a flight that leaves at 2:05 p.m. and my train is scheduled to arrive in Syracuse at 12:40 p.m. Is that enough time to get to the airport (I will not be checking bags)? What is the best way to get to the airport from the train station?

Thanks for any help!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from train station to airport

That should be enough time and get a cab.

st. paul
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from train station to airport

Thanks for the response. That's good to know.

Are there always cabs at the train station, or should I call ahead and book one?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from train station to airport

that I do not know.

You might want to see if you can find a phone number for the station and ask.

Fulton, New York
Level Contributor
241 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from train station to airport

Although it sounds like enough time, you might be cutting it close. In my experience, there are usually cabs waiting at the entrance to the train station, so that shouldn't be the problem. The problem is usually that Amtrak runs late, which could make you in a time crunch.

Where are you coming in from? As long as you have arrived in Syracuse by 1:20pm or so, you should be fine, as the airport is only about 10 minutes or so from the train station by cab, which would be the best way to go.

You might want to contact a cab to be waiting for you, so you can jump in and go. You can then also update the driver from the train if you are running behind. Here are a few names, none of which I have personally used:

Airport taxi 315-433-1000

Quick cab 315-863-2844/315-506-2598

Kelly Transportation 315-458-8294

Good luck!

Fulton, New York
Level Contributor
241 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from train station to airport

Sorry, I meant to say if your train gets in by 1:00pm or so, not 1:20pm. That would probably be too late to check in for your flight as you need to be through security at least 15 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart. Although the Syracuse airport is small, sometimes the security line can be long, since they only have so many people to check the bags, etc.

Brewerton, New York
Level Contributor
166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from train station to airport

As the previous posters stated, as long as your train arrives on time, you shouldn't have a problem..the airport is about 5 minutes away and it's very small, so getting through security should not be a problem

7. Re: from train station to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 pm, October 09, 2009