We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park n Fly syracuse

ottawa,canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Park n Fly syracuse

heading down to catch a flight in syracuse in december can anyboy tell me which hotels offer a park n fly service and especially if the embassy suites does

1. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, October 31, 2011
Ottawa
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

I can tell you not to use - the Maplewood Inn. The shuttle never showed up and we scrambled to get to the airport in time. I do NOT recommend them.

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

My wife and I and another couple, my daughter and friend, used the Ramada as suggested by its manager in his post. It worked out very well for us. We had adjoining rooms, typically travel hotel rooms with two double/queen beds. The Park and fly Package was $149.00 per room including shuttle both ways to the airport, about a 5 minute trip, as well as breakfast and parking for two weeks at no extra charge. This Ramada has its own shuttle which we booked for 5:30 AM which meant we could get breakfast in the restaurant, but coffee, muffins and danish were available in the lobby. Upon arrival we called the hotel and the shuttle came in about 10 minutes and dropped us at our car in the parking lot.

The Ramada does ask that you leave them a key to your car, which is reasonable, especially in the winter. Upon our return our car had not been moved. The hotel was easy to find using directions from mapquest. The drive from Ottawa was 3 to 3.5 hours, depending on traffic. Fortunately our luggage made it to Syracuse with us. My daughter was not so lucky, which meant she had to fill out a luggage claim form at the Syracuse airport and another form at customs for luggage to follow. US Air did have her luggage delivered to her in Ottawa.

I will be using the Ramada again for a trip south in March.

jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

I believe Candlewood suites has the park & fly. Very nie chain.

ottawa,canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

we stayed at the wyndham inn wich was great newly biut free parking for two weeks free breakfast free shuttle to airport free internet it was perfect no complaints at all highly recomend it only 92 bucks a night

New York
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

The Maplewood Inn is a brand new property with new management. We guarantee your park n fly accommodation, transporation and breakfast with your confirmation number. Parking is included in your room fee for up to 2 weeks.

Gatineau, Qc Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

I used the Econo Lodge & Suites 5396 South Bay Road , North Syracuse for my trip to LA on Aug 25th. They offered the Stay & Fly packages but added $4 per day to my bill for parking and then I noticed a $5 extra charge, the owner sheepishly explained that the shuttle is free to the airport but the return trip is $5. This kind of business may get the owner a few extra bucks but BYE BYE repeat business and HELLO bad publicity.

canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

Hi, I am looking for a park and fly package in Syracuse. The hotels that I've found that offer this service are 130$ and up for the park and fly package. I was hoping for something cheaper as we will only be sleeping at the hotel for about 4 hours before catching our flight. I don't find it's a very good price, might as well just park at the airport since it's only 6$/day (60$ for our 10 night trip). I was expecting it to be well under 100$ as I only paid 70$ for park and fly at a hotel in Toronto.

If anyone has any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

Under $100 - I know of none. However, tonight our local PBS station is holding a travel auction and 1 night Candlewood suites park and fly packages (there are definitely more than 1) will come up to bid and the value is $129.00. Unfortunately, you really have to watch to bid or have a friend who is willing to watch bid for you. Also, you only obtain a bid number if you become a member (which is a minimal fee of $25.00 or so). I typically watch every year and I bid but haven't been lucky enough to win. But....then again...I bid on some of the hotter ticket items. You can typically get a good deal on these 1 night local stays.

Check out the PBS site and see if you're interested:

http://www.wcny.org/auctions

It starts tonight and will run tomorrow night and Sunday and then I believe they will be on the air next weekend as well.

Far fetched...I know. But I can't think of many with park and fly. Oh, did you try Holiday Express? Believe they offer a package. I have no clue as to the price.

canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park n Fly syracuse

Just wanted to report back that i ended up booking Super 8 Syracuse/Liverpool at 90$ for the Park and Fly rate. This was the cheapest rate I found. Supposedly it is available online but I couldn't find it so I had to call them to book. Free shuttle runs 6am-11pm weekends and 4am-11pm weekdays. Unfortunetly for me our flight time is early saturday and we'll have to take a taxi to the airport at a cost of approx 15$.

Here are some of the other hotels I looked into and the cost for stay and fly package.

Remember to inquire about shuttle operating times if you have an early or late flight, and also about the included parking time (usually 1 week, 10 days or 2 weeks).

Holiday Inn Express Airport Syracuse Airport $160

Ramada Inn Syracuse $139 (24h shuttle)

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport $135 (5am shuttle)

Comfort Suites Cicero $135

Candlewood Suites Airport $130

Maplewood Inn $129 (week parking, shuttle 6am-11pm)

Holiday Inn I-90 $120

Sometimes the stay and fly is available online and sometimes you have to call to get that rate.

The Red Carpet Inn had a stay and fly rate of 70$ but no shuttle, taxi about 10-15$ each way, so close to the same price as the Super 8.

Many other cheap hotels offered parking for 4 or 5$ per night and have a free shuttle and their regular room rate is 50-60$ (examples include Econo Lodge Airport, Best Western Airport Syracuse). Depending on how long you are away, might work out cheaper. But then again, at that price why not just pay the 6.50$/ day to park at the airport and avoid the hassle of using the shuttle.

I know for me, even with all the phoning and research I did, I found I'm not saving much. The park and fly rate at the super 8 is 35$ more than the regular rate, since I need parking for 10 days the cost would have been 65$ to park at the airport. When you add in the cost of the taxi (since the shuttle doesn't run at the time I need to go to the airport for my departing flight), it's only saving me 20$.

Get answers to your questions about Syracuse