We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival time for a 6 am flight

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival time for a 6 am flight

Hi

We are thinking of a trip to Aruba flying Jet Blue, flight leaves Syracuse at 6 am for JFK then to Aruba. I know they say for travel out side the US to allow 2 hours for check-in but is it really necessary to arrive that early at the Syracuse airport. I don't think we have ever taken longer than 15 minutes to clear security and check-in there. Anyone have any experience

Thanks

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival time for a 6 am flight

I cannot speak for Syracuse airport specifically, but I can speak for a JFK Aruba flight last month.

DO arrive the suggested 2 hours early because international flights have to close their check-in one hour before departure...so if for any reason you are stuck on any line, you have someone else's bag by mistake (don't think it cannot happen - it happended to me and I didn't notice until we were checking in the bags and the tag said someone else's name!) etc you could possibly get bumped if the flight is full...or worse, not allowed to check-in!

New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival time for a 6 am flight

Thanks

3. Re: Arrival time for a 6 am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 05, 2009