We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near carousel mall??

Which Syracuse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near carousel mall??

Will be going for a 2-3 day trip, and would like a nice hotel near the Carousel mall..we are looking at Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn and Suites North? Are these fairly close. Any suggestions? Whats downtown Syracuse like in the evenings...dont want to spend all our time in the mall.

Also planning to go to the outlet at waterloo, any other sights to visit, while we are there.

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near carousel mall??

bump...anyone???

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
131 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near carousel mall??

O.K. There is not a hotel within walking distance to the mall. Any hotel with a North Syracuse, Liverpool, Dewitt or East Syracuse listing would be within a 15 min or less drive. Comfort Inn had an earlier bad review. The Hampton might be a better choice. Candlewood Suites Syracuse-Airport is new. Hotels are overpriced in this area and I find it is always cheaper to book on the internet. Armory Square, just around the corner from Downtown Syracuse is where you will want to go in the evening for dinner. On a weekend there might be a local festival going on too. While at Waterloo, you will be in the Fingerlakes region and near the wineries. Driving around Seneca Lake can take most of the day itself, so maybe go to Waterloo in the AM and then a drive along the Lake? Ithaca is my favorite local destination. Not really for shopping, but for hiking the waterfalls at one or more of the State Parks. Hope this helps a little!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near carousel mall??

Many thanks for the reply...I was beginning to think that no one read the Syracuse forums???

OttawaSars
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near carousel mall??

It is really unsafe for Canadian cars go to Syracuse ?

I have hear that drug dealers wants Canadians bring drugs to Canada.

I appreciated any comment about it...

Also a good hotel.

Thank you,

5. Re: hotel near carousel mall??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 21, 2010