We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best way to get from EWR to Staten Island, NY?

Which Staten Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best way to get from EWR to Staten Island, NY?

Hi! We are traveling with a party of 6 (including 2 kids) to NYC this December; we're staying on Staten Island. Any suggestions on how best to get from Newark to Staten Island? I've priced the SuperShuttle and some car services and they all seem to be $150+ Thanks so much.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What's the best way to get from EWR to Staten Island, NY?

These are all great tips. Thanks so much for all of the information. I will look into Jersey City, and please, send me the name of the NJ car guy.

Currently, we have booked a house in the historic St. George District, a block or so from the ferry.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What's the best way to get from EWR to Staten Island, NY?

If you do decide to stay on Staten Island afterall, maybe you want to consider renting a car solely to get you from the airport to where you're staying.

Taxis line up at Newark and a dispatcher gets you one, and gives you a piece of paper with the price for the ride if I remember correctly.

There is also car service based on SI, and you call and they quote you the price for your ride in advance of sending out the car - Dejoys is one, and Sams another off the top of my head.

Walking to the ferry should be easy if you stay in St. George, it's all downhill going there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What's the best way to get from EWR to Staten Island, NY?

We are staying on Staten Island and the thought of renting a car did cross my mind. I found some reasonable rates from Advanced Auto. Thanks so much for your reply and the name of the car services, I will check with them before I rent one.

14. Re: What's the best way to get from EWR to Staten Island, NY?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, November 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Staten Island