We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

There will be 3 couples staying here in October prior to a cruise out of Bayonne. We picked this hotel due to the stay/park/cruise package that was offered.

I've done my homework on this hotel well but can't seem to find out if there are any other restaurants nearby. I know Lorenzo's is in the hotel but we may want to leave for dinner.

I would appreciate any information anyone can offer.

Yzguy

staten island
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

There are no restaturants nearby. Will you have a car?There is a restaurant not too far away called commons cafe. They close at 7 and 100% of the net profits go to local charities. http://commonscafesi.com/. Hiloton Garden Inn does have a free shuttle service to te Staten Island Ferry, but you have toc all the hotel to reserve. I suggest calling the hotel atleast 1 month prior. An alternative is to take the public bus (S46) mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/staten/s046cur.pdf . This is the only bus nearby. It will also take you to the ferry. In St. George, you have several dining options. Beso gets very crowded on the weekends. tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g48682-Staten_Island… - for more restaurants. Or, take the ferry into Manhattan. More dining options on Staten Island- whereyoueat.com/restaurants-in-Staten-Island…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

Thank you for your useful information. I will let everyone know our options.

Have a great day! :)

staten island
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

You're welcome!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,718 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

Yes, not far, maybe 2 minutes drive are:

Charlie Browns Steakhouse recently re-opened and Real Madrid

http://www.charliebrowns.com/

allmenus.com/ny/…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

Thanks so much....I will make note of those as well. : )

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Staten Island
Level Contributor
617 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

Hello have you stayed there yet? If not, as the above poster posted, charlie browns and real madrid are great options. I highly recommend Real Madrid. There's also a nice italian restaurant with reasonable prices called Mama Lenas. You can all take a cab there, the hotel will provide you with a local car services # and the fare won't be much because it's very close to the hotel. Charlie Browns is closest.

7. Re: Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, March 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Staten Island