We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shelter Island Hideaway - Absolutely Beautiful- Peaceful

Los Angeles
2 posts
Shelter Island Hideaway - Absolutely Beautiful- Peaceful

Was looking at renting in the Hamptons and saw Shelter Island Hideaway on Trip Advisor. After doing some research online I found that this vacation rental property on Shelter Island to be very highly rated.

All the pictures online and the description made it look and absolutely beautiful and tranquil. I stayed there a few weeks ago and can absolutely say I was not disappointed at all. The place was charming. I felt as though I was on a Caribbean Island. We opened all the doors (I think there were like 18 of them) and let the outside in and they stayed open all day long. The only reason we closed them at night os we did not want any visits by deer :-)

The beach across the street was fabulous, the Island laid back, pristine, the restaurants great. We will surely be back again next year to stay, thinking about the larger house on the property next door and come back with friends! We unequivocally recommend Shelter Island Hideaway!!

NY
1 post
1. Re: Shelter Island Hideaway - Absolutely Beautiful- Peaceful

Thanks for sharing your experience ..it will be helpful ..i also found Vacation Rentals at Hamptons Shelter Island LI NY...you can just visit at http://www.shelterislandhideaway.com/

Los Angeles
2 posts
2. Re: Shelter Island Hideaway - Absolutely Beautiful- Peaceful

We too stayed at the Hamptons vacation rental. It was in a perfect quiet spot with a private beach just across the street. In 2 weeks stay at Shelter Island Hideaway we never saw more than a handful of people on the beach. The water was so calm, not like the crazy waves in Montuak or East Hampton.

We made full use of the house, the huge outdoor porch and of course the kids absolutely loved the huge pool and my husband loved the choice of 2 Weber grills, one charcoal, one gas. Highly recommend for families looking for a perfect beach vacation house, right by the water.

We already made reservations for the vacation house for July, and were very excited as the owners told us that they are adding 1000' on and there will be a 4h bathroom, another bedroom, and outdoor porch a living room and a home theater!

We are hooked and plan to spend many vacations on Shelter Island at the Hideaway!

3. Re: Shelter Island Hideaway - Absolutely Beautiful- Peaceful

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, May 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Shelter Island