We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is best family restaurant downtown

Which Saratoga Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what is best family restaurant downtown

family of 4 looking for dinner after a day at the races

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is best family restaurant downtown

We had a good lunch at the Gideon Putman in the park.

Lake George,NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is best family restaurant downtown

Depeneds on what you like to eat and expenses. For a buffet with various salads, hot plates, desserts try just off Route 50 across from Wal mart Golden Corral. It's very affordable and good food with several choices for all ages. For more downtown choices, try Wheatfields, you can watch them make their own pasta then eat it, right on Broadway.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: what is best family restaurant downtown

looking for a comfortable casual place where kids are welcome. money is secondary. thanks.

for example: i like gaffneys on a nice afternoon because we sit outside and enjoy music. but we always go there

Lake George,NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is best family restaurant downtown

Most anything in Saratoga is pretty family friendly, but as a mom of a 10 year old and young nephews, we really enjoy Wheatfields right on Route 9 (Broadway). The kids love watching them make their own pasta. Circus Cafe is colorful and fun, the food has always been good, also on Broadway, across street from the Stadium, a sports themed pub/restaurant. I love Gaffney's too, since you frequent no need to report on how great they are. I just love to Park by Ben & Jerry's in the parking garage and walk up and down the side streets trying something new, so far we've loved most everywhere, only place I didn't love was the Pub across from Ben & Jerry's they badly burned my chicken, but hubby and 10 year old daughter loved it there, great fries, very irish pub, with televisions and family friendly even though they have a huge bar in the main room they like kids. Hope this helps! I love walking and reading all of the menu's in the windows that really helps that they advertise outside what they charge and offer so you dont get inside and realize its all wrong, also on Broadway check the street signs at each side street they often advertise there too.

5. Re: what is best family restaurant downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 13, 2009