We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

My sister is getting married in July, and we're headed to Saratoga Springs for the first weekend in June. There's 15 of us going and we're mostly in our late 30s/early 40s. We've rented a house in Corinth for the weekend and plan to spend the day in Saratoga Springs on Saturday. I was wondering if the Roosevelt Spa is the only place for mineral baths, and where the "main strip" in town is for window shopping & browsing, an afternoon coffee, etc. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

There are plenty of options for mineral baths here. I have heard that the Roosevelt Baths were updated and beautiful. If you have a large group, they are probably your best option. There come other options listed here:

(be careful to choose those located in Saratoga Springs)

saratoga.com/guide/healthandbeauty_mineralsp…

Also, there is great shopping all along Broadway, as well as in the Arts District (Beekman Street Area) I love Uncommon Grounds, Saratoga Coffee Traders and Bailey's Cafe for coffee. Also, The Local for Tea. My absolute favorite is the Whistling Kettle for tea and sandwiches, but it is located in Ballston Spa, about 10-15 extra minutes out of your way.

If you are coming anytime after July 22nd it will be very crowded, but fun! HTH.

Edited: 6:47 pm, May 16, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Uncommon Grounds
Uncommon Grounds
333 Reviews
Saratoga Springs, NY
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
687 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Don't be mislead...Saratoga Springs is nothing but a standard shopping mall turned inside out and spread down the length of Broadway. I was there this past weekend and was totally distraught at the modernization of what used to be the last bastion of Victorian Small Town, USA.

Shame on Saratoga Springs for selling out to chrome and glass condos and far too many realty offices. Even their high-browed thoroughbred horse races can't undo the damage done by selling out to the lowest bidders. There is no class left, and no reason to go there.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Westchester County
Level Contributor
652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Don't be mislead by the above poster. Saratoga still has lots of charm and is a quaint village. Have fun!

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

I'm also interested in this post as we are having a girls night...arriving July 21. We were going to plan to do a little shopping on Friday July 22...will it be crazy with horse racing during that first day for racing, or will we be OK to shop? Thanks for all of the suggestions of things to do in a few short hours Friday!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Wow! July 22nd is opening day and downtown will get very crowded in the evening. Parking may be tricky. The good news is it will be very festive and there will be a variety of free, live music. Look for info at Saratoga.com. The 2011 Hat's Off music schedule isn't posted yet, but it ais usually fantastic!

Have a wonderful trip!

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Thanks! We'll actually be leaving town mid-afternoon on the 22nd, so hopefully we'll be able to feel the vibe, but escape the crowds!

Saratoga Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Saratoga springs has turned into a half baked tourist town. There are million dollar condos on top of all the modern concrete buildings , and the trend stores are so out of place its sad.

There is no place to park and no one will let you use a bathroom. This wonderfull victorian town is in shambles and reminds me of lower mainstreet in schenectady. If you come to Saratoga , you will leave with a empty wallet, sore feet and a full bowel and bladder, get ready for a headache.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,411 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

Dude this post is 11 months old.

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

True...but actually I am coming back on July 16th because we had such a fabulous time the first time! LOL

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls Weekend in Saratoga Springs

I just wanted to respond to the parking situation. The good news is the current construction of a multi-level parking garage on the west side of Broadway. The bad news is that until the project is completed, there is even less parking space to go around than usual. HTH.