We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

Dobbs Ferry, NY
Level Contributor
571 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

We just got tix to see Elvis Costello and the Police at SPAC thats the good news. The bad news is that the show is August 1. We would love to try and only stay one night. WE can make it a romantic getaway and we are willing to spend up to $300 for the night (especially if it includes a yummy breakfast) but it looks like all places have 3 night minimums. Any suggestions?!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

I think you will have a hard time finding anything during track season for less than 2 nights in Saratoga Springs. You could try the Medbery Inn and Spa in nearby Ballston Spa, which is a cute little village very close to SPAC. (within 5-10 minutes) The Medbery itself is ok- nothing exceptional. Check out the reviews on TA. Also, the Post Road Lodge is ok (clean, small motel right on Route 50 which leads to SPAC) There is also a Fairfield Inn in Malta, NY which would be about a 10-15 minute drive to SPAC. HTH.

Dobbs Ferry, NY
Level Contributor
571 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

Thank you for your ideas. We decided to make it a 2 night romantic weekend and are looking at the Bacon Hill Inn. Its not as close, but it isn't that far either and the owner is a masseuse! Know anything about it? I figure its much better than the Fairfield Inn and less money

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

I honestly haven't heard of it before, but I can tell you that Schuylerville is quite lovely. The coutryside is beautiful, and on a clear day you will see the Green Mountains of Vermont.

Schuylerville is on the east side of Saratoga Springs, however, so ask for directions and help bypassing the track when traveling to SPAC or into Saratoga.

Good luck and enjoy the concert!

Please post a review/trip report when you return!

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

You might also want to check out the Batcheller Mansion (opposite Congress Park), Saratoga Arms (on Broadway), Westchester House (near track at 5 Points & Jefferson St.), Six Sisters (on Nelson Ave.), Fox ‘n’ Hound (on Lake Ave) and The Mansion (Rock City Falls, about 15 minutes west of Saratoga Springs).

Sorry to say I can't report on the Bacon Hill Inn. I I can find anything about this place I'll be sure and post it ASAP. Enjoy the show...should be a good one!

Dobbs Ferry, NY
Level Contributor
571 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

We tried several of the places mentioned but they either didn't have rooms or had a 3 night minimum and we did not want to do that. I found the Bacon Hill on a B&B website. And yes, I will write a post after I stay there, but that will be in August

6. Re: B&B or Inn near SPAC or Saratoga AUGUST

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saratoga Springs