We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

Boston
4 posts
Save Topic
Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

People across the country are talking about Bennett Alliance's Open Fest. Open Fest is a festival for new music held annually in Rochester, New York. Over the years, Bennett Alliance has managed to bring together diverse music groups, from Taiwanese performer Yi Chen Chang to Electronica superstar Joy Electric. Open Fest 2006 will feature California-based Map, Boston saxophonist Daniel Bennett, Joy Electric, Gary Murray, Courtney A. Streb, Orchard Drive and much more! I have never seen grassroots movement like Open Fest. I'll be at Open Fest 2006 on July 22. Anyone interested should visit www.openfest.com for more information!

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

Wow... I've lived here forever and have never heard of this... nor Bennett Alliance. Is this an advertising message?

Lynn in Rochester, NY

Mentioned in this post
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Boston
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

Open Fest has only been in existance for three years. I know many of the people from Bennett Alliance. They have managed to bring national artists to Honeoye Falls, while also keeping the admission cost at a low $8.

thanks so much for responding to my post. i'm just a music fan.

boston
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

I have also been hearing a lot about Open Fest. I'm familiar with Bennett Alliance. I'm a jazz fan too so I hope to make it to the festival this year. they have a nice website. Daniel Bennet is a jazz saxophonist and producer. Ronnie Martin and Joy Electric will be there too. Martin is a techno guy and producer too (it think).

rochester
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

Is it possible for west coast indie groups to share the same stage with east coast jazz musicians. Boston Saxophonist Daniel Bennett seems to think so. Hence the name Open Fest, given to the annual music festival for everything artistic short of the proverbial kitchen sink. Bennett Alliance has created a musical event that brings together the west and the east, jazz and rock, folk and indie, as well as young and old. Where else can you listen to Joy Electric (tooth and nail records) as well as Taiwanese avante garde violinist Yi Chen Chang. We'll all be gearing up for grassroots music history, as well as that elusive kitchen sink.

I'm stoked! Anyone else?

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
5. Re: Bennett Alliance Presents Open Fest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 14, 2009