We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rochester, 3 days in October

Pembroke Pines...
Destination Expert
for Doral
Level Contributor
642 posts
600 reviews
Save Topic
Rochester, 3 days in October

Hello to all,

I will be in Rochester, NY, on a business trip in couple of weeks. Never been there and right now I am reading reviews here on TA, will be booking my hotel and flights today or tomorrow.

We are gang of four traveling from Miami, guys in late 30s and early 40s. Not so much into museums for children, one would guess.

We'll be staying close to the downtown and looking for free flowing beers, music (any places with live bands) and some good local food.

Any suggestions?

Also, a question. How's the trafic on a weekday between Buffalo/Niagara Falls and Rochester? One of our colleagues has never been to the falls and may try to get him there.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rochester, 3 days in October

tptr: there's a reason I suggested the Garbage Plate at 3am ;)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rochester, 3 days in October

Garbage Plate is ridiculously unhealthy, that's the point, of course. Hence the name . . . .

East End district of Rochester sounds like a great area for you - Old Toad, Mex, etc. Also, Niagara Falls is an easy drive and Rochester will not have traffic issues unless there is an accident. Very easy to get around up here.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Toad
The Old Toad
184 Reviews
Rochester, NY
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rochester, 3 days in October

So funny you say that about Wegman's. When I was applying to schools here about 10 years ago, I asked current students what they did in their spare time. Back then, I thought it was weird when they said "Wegman's". Now I understand!

rochester, ny
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Rochester, 3 days in October

There are some great things for four guys to do here....

Brewery Tours at Genessee Brewery (Call Ahead for Hours) and Rohrbachs at the Village Gate. Enjoy a warm Ole' Speckled Hen at the Old Toad an authentic British Bar in the East End or stop down to Tap and Mallet a European Beer Pub with 30 Rotating Drafts. Nothing is better than going around the corner from the Tap to Beale Street Cafe for some good cajun/bbq. Great beer selection and usually some type of Zydeco/Creole Band playing. Dinosaur is awesome but just for pork and ribs. Sticky Lips on Culver is amazing smoked chicken and some good brisket. I am an avid beer drinker and there are two stops you have to make while in Rochester. First is Beers of the World in Winton Place or on East Henrietta Road. It is amazing, you can find almost any beer from any country. The next is McGregors Grill and Tap Room. 120+ Beers on tap and of different brands/varieties. There are plenty of extremely comfortable places to stay regardless of your budget and do a little more research and you will find more that will comfortably accomodate 4 grown men. There is a ton of other things to do in Rochester email me if you need any other information.

Mentioned in this post
Village Gate
Village Gate
37 Reviews
Rochester, NY
The Old Toad
The Old Toad
184 Reviews
Rochester, NY
15. Re: Rochester, 3 days in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 30, 2012