We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rochester hotel in downtown?

Los Angeles, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rochester hotel in downtown?

Hi there - I'm looking for a hotel that is downtown within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Any recommendations? Courtyard by Marriott looks nice? That's our price range. Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

PS - We're young professionals with a a day off, so we're looking for something possibly cool and/or hip, near restaurants and maybe a good bar. If not cool/hip, then at least professional and clean. Thanks!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

There's not a Courtyard downtown...can you link to the hotel you're talking about?

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

I have always stayed at the Hyatt downtown. It is close to everything. My last trip I booked on priceline for $50.

rochester, ny
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

There are some unique options in downtown and some great dining options. However if you find yourself on the outskirts, remember that Rochester is a fairly small community and the traveling from Greece or any other suburban area only takes about 10-15 minutes to downtown. There are lots to do and a great site to check out for restaurants and other information is rocwiki.org. It sorts restaurants by type and gives surveys as well.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

if you stay downtown, Dinosaur BBQ is a great restaurant/bar to go to. Close by is the Corn Hill area with some good restaurant options: http://rocwiki.org/Corn_Hill_Landing.

If you don't have to stay downtown, you might want to consider staying in Pittsford. On Monroe Ave. there is a Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express, both close to lots of restaurants and shopping. There is also the Del Monte Lodge which would be within walking distance to the canal and Schoen Place shops and restaurants. http://rocwiki.org/Schoen_Place

Hilton NY
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

Hyatt is probably your best bet. Walking distance to the east end bars, restaurants & coffee shops, close to Corn Hill.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

I'm thinking Colette picked the wrong Rochester...

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
441 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

Jackiepaddy, you may be right. There is a Courtyard by Marriott in the center of Rochester, MN.

9. Re: Rochester hotel in downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 30, 2012