We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limo for wine tour

Which Rochester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Limo for wine tour

I'm looking at coordinating a wine tour this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good limo (or similar) company?

new york
Level Contributor
293 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limo for wine tour

We just did a wine tour 2 weeks ago with Grapevine tours. It was nice to have someone drive us around, but it was not necessary for the price. Next time, we would go on our own. The tour company itself was decent. We were told we were going to have Bonnie (she told us herself) and the day of, we had someone else named Dan. I hear Bonnie is the best by the way and she is the owner of the company. Dan was extremely nice, but not as knowledgeable as we would have liked for a 200 dollar price. He took us to places that were closed and he didn't know, he wasn't familiar with a lot of the vineyards. At the same time, he did know the area well and he would take pictures of us often and stop at some scenic spots along the way. He was aiming to please and we appreciated that. But, the main reason why we got the car was because we felt we wouldn't know our way around and didn't want to to worry about our intake of alcohol. But it is very easy to get around seneca lake and neither of us got drunk. I would suggest a car for Keuka lake instead as we got pretty lost and its off the beaten path, but that was kind of the fun of it! LOL

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a great time! We did!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limo for wine tour

My friends and I took the Seneca Falls Wine Bus. The cost is $10.00 pp and that is why we opted for this method over a limo. It has pros and cons. Of course the price is the big plus. They have 3 different routes If you decide to stay at one particular winery longer, they have other buses running and supposedly one will be around to pick you up within 45 minutes. But we found it was better to stay with the program. They get in about 6 to 8 wineries per tour which is a good amount. My sister and I did the routine on our own one fall and 8 was about the max we could do. They make sure that there is about 1 or 2 sites on the tour where you can grab a lunch. Compare them with some of the limo services and see what you think. The price does not include the cost of the tastings at each winery. Google them ... check them out. And if you choose this option, I suggest you tip the driver well. It is a hectic day for them.

Oh also, it is not suited to buying bottles of wine and carting them about. If you get separated from your original bus you would be separated from your purchases. We all purchased one to four bottles and took them with us at each stop. Got a bit heavy towards the end.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limo for wine tour

Thanks to both of you. Usually we just drive down to a winery or two on our own, but we're looking to get a group of people together, so I don't want to worry about drinking and driving. dolcenotte: how many people was the $200 for? I'll more than likely be planning out where we're going since I do know the area, it's definitely more for transportation than anything else!

The Seneca Falls Wine Bus sounds great for when my boyfriend and I might go down :)

4. Re: Limo for wine tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 08, 2010