We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

Toronto
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

I am Canadian and wanted to do a short trip before school starts. We have the 70s grandparents, my dear wife and myself, as well as two kids (5 and 2). Looking for two rooms, or a two-bedroom suite.

We plan to stay 2 nights in Rochester - Main objective is to visit Strong Museum of PLAY, Waterloo outlet shopping, and maybe also Eastview.

Thinking about Homewood Suites (2095 Hylan Drive or the one in Victor). Safety, Security, and Cleanliness are our key concern.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
435 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

As a resident, I haven't had much experience with many hotels around here, but given what you want to do, Victor would probably be a more convenient location, plus you wouldn't be far from the Village of Victor if you wanted to go for an evening stroll, have dinner or just stop for some ice cream. There's not much around Hylan Drive other than shopping centers and chain restaurants. Either area is a relatively short highway drive from the Strong Museum, and both areas are quite safe.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

I would think that Victor would be a more central location. A little closer to the outlets, not too far from Strong, and right next to Eastview. I've stayed at Homewood's before in different areas of the country and think they're a fine choice for a hotel. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to book one for myself.

The Homewood in Victor also gets excellent reviews here on TA: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48780-d1382785…

Also from the reviews, it's brand new. I LOVE brand new hotels when I travel. :) I think that'd be a great choice.

Central VA
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

I lived in Rochester for awhile, now I visit it every so often. Victor is probably your best bet. For one thing Eastview is much nicer than Marketplace for shopping and dining, and Eastview is just around the corner from Victor.

And you are much closer to Waterloo.

And Victor is only marginally farther to the places in Rochester.

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

Cool. Planning to ask the same question. Thanks to OP and everyone who replied (especially kat228 who recommended us to a wonderful hotel last year - The Del Monte Lodge) :)

5. Re: can u suggest a decent hotel for my family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 14, 2010