We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so my question is....

tel aviv
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
so my question is....

we are planning a trip from boston to niagara falls in a night stop at a city not far from buffalo.

on our way we want to visit Vermont, the bennington area and then carry on till niagara falls.

would rochester be a great place to stay over night? would u recommend any other cities in close distance?

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Ithaca
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: so my question is....

Regarding the moosewood...i wrote a long review (i've been cheffing for 12 years abroad) after taking my dear old mum there for dinner. It serves basically cafeteria quality food...not necessarily a good cafeteria either. Very family friendly, very chilled good place to hang out if they open the outdoor dining section as long as you're not a new yorker critical of food. Large portions, fairly inexpensive, mains around 14, appetizers around 5, and of course you get what you pay for...the cafeterias at CU are probably better or on par. Don't know what happened to my review, but don't expect a fine dining experience...this is a studenty pub a la p-town or something with commensurate food. Don't ask me why they have the reputation..that was probably a long time ago!

Hope this helps..ps there is a friendly korean place with ok food (not brilliant but perfectly adequate) on the corner of oh I think it's w.state street and the crossroads at the bottom of the hill. Anyway they have really sexy waitresses!! ;0

Kind regards

cookie/chef

12. Re: so my question is....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 18, 2009