We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend plans

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Memorial Day Weekend plans

The Corning Museum of Glass and "American Impressionism: Paintings from The Phillips Collection" at Memorial Art Gallery are two reasons my husband and I plus friends (ages 55-64) are considering a trip to Rochester over Memorial Day Weekend. We'd appreciate your comments on either plus recommendations on a B&B and notable (in their distinctiveness, not necessarily the most expensive) spots for lunch and dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Corning
Corning
Finger Lakes, NY
Memorial Art Gallery
Memorial Art Gallery
199 Reviews
Rochester, NY
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Cheesy Eddie's
$$ - $$$, American
Swan Market
$$ - $$$, German, European, Central European
Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Your best bet is probably the Grill at Strathallan. I've never been there though, so I can't vouch. By Memorial Day the Eastman School of Music students are all gone and so the music scene winds down a bit (except of course for the Jazz Fest and various outdoor music things). I think we really need a good jazz club!

Here is a music calendar:

rochestercitynewspaper.com/events/search/…

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Any events during the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend that we should be aware of? We'll be arriving Saturday afternoon and departing on Monday a.m. -- staying at Dartmouth House B&B.

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth House
Dartmouth House
75 Reviews
Rochester, NY
Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

also check out the newspaper web site at www.democratandchronicle.com. Have a great time! The weather is getting better for the weekend. If you like golf, we are hosting the Senior PGA Championship at Oak Hill Country Club in Pittsford off East Avenue. Many recognizable names playing in the senior tour now. Friday through Sunday. Tickets are still available.

Mentioned in this post
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
The East Avenue Inn...
457 Reviews
Rochester, NY
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Looks like the weekend is shaping up to be gorgeous!!!

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Packed up and ready to hit the road tomorrow. Thanks to all for your advice.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Have a safe & enjoyable trip!

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

It was a memorable weekend in a myriad of ways...not the least of which was our following the trail of the city newspaper feature to "Sandra's Saloon: A real, live honky-tonk"!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Pat - How was your trip? I hope you had fun Give us a little report. :)

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Carmen, I've already written some follow-up in each of the threads I started with my questions. Would it also be helpful to organize my feedback into one report? I'm certainly grateful for the advice you and others offered to make our trip a pleasure to anticipate and then to experience.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Memorial Day Weekend plans

Hi Pat -- Thanks for all your posts. I enjoyed them! You should write and essay for our newspaper! You sound like a great traveler - one who has a true desire to get a FEEL for a place. Best wishes, C.