We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kennedy to Rhinebeck (Omega Institute)

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Kennedy to Rhinebeck (Omega Institute)

I am travelling to Omega Institute in Rhinebeck. I am trying to coordinate the best trek for getting there without paying a fortune. The best flight times and price fly me into JFK. I then need to get to Penn Station and I can’t find specific information on best way to get there, time it takes or cost. Any information on this?

Would flying into Albany be better? I assume that I would need to rent a car with this option.

Thanks!

Wilderstein Historic Site
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites
Omega Institute
Educational sites
Ferncliff Forest
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Bodies of Water
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kennedy to Rhinebeck (Omega Institute)

From your JFK terminal take the AirTrain monorail to Jamaica. This costs $5.00. In Jamaica take the Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station. The cost of this varies by day of the week and time of day, but figure about $7.00. You'll be able to buy a combined ticket for the two after you get off the AirTrain in Jamaica.

I assume you'll then be taking Amtrak to Rhinecliff, which is a short way from Rhinebeck. Buy your Amtrak ticket in advance to get the lowest fare. You can print this out before you leave and just bring it with you.

Baton Rouge
Destination Expert
for Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kennedy to Rhinebeck (Omega Institute)

Any thoughts on flying into Albany and skipping JFK? I don't want to rent a car since I will be at the Omega Institute all week.

Thanks again for your input!

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kennedy to Rhinebeck (Omega Institute)

It will be more complicated from Albany. You'd have to take a taxi from the Albany Airport to the Albany/Rensselaer train station, which is on the opposite side of the river. Post on the Albany forum to get some estimates of taxi fares and then compare air fares.

BTW - Assuming you're flying in to New York, you'll find it just as convenient to fly into Newark as into JFK. They both have good rail connections to Penn Station.

So I'd just see which combination gave you the best fares.

4. Re: Kennedy to Rhinebeck (Omega Institute)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, January 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Rhinebeck