We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

Hi -

I don't have a license. Is there a way that I can get from SWF to Poughkeepsie? I poked around online but thought it would be best to post here. It doens't seem like there's a bus to the city or to the train....

Thanks!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

I would look into taking a cab to the Beacon Metro North station. Beacon is 2 stops from Pougkipsse

chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

I respectfully disagree. Traveling to beacon is the wrong direction altogether. It would take at least 15 minutes to get to the beacon train station, and then you're at the mercy of the train schedule which typically runs hourly. Best to google for a local cab company, in my opinion. By car, you take the thruway north for only one exit (about 15 min) then cross the river via the highland bridge (5 min from the thruway ramp). That's it- the highland bridge crosses into Poughkeepsie.

New Paltz New York
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

Here is the least expensive way.. to get from Poughkeepsie to Stewart.

NEWBURGH- BEACON- STEWART LINK

You would pay the traditional train fare from Poughkeepsie to Beacon which is 2 stops..

The phone numbers below will provide you with times…

Leprechaun Bus Line provides passengers a hassle free and inexpensive alternative mode of transportation over the Newburgh/Beacon Bridge and provides connections between Metro-North's Train Station in Beacon, NYSDOT’s Park & Ride (RT 17K) and Stewart International Airport. Take train North to Poughkeepsie.

The bus cost is $1 per boarding, or free for Metro-North UniTicket customers. For current schedules and route map: www.leprechaunlines.com or call 800-624-4217,

845-565-7900 or Metro North at 800-638-7646

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

Dude thisbpostbis from febuary

6. Re: shuttle/public transport from Stewart Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 27, 2013