We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quality Of Life

Bentonville , Ar
1 post
Save Topic
Quality Of Life

I am interested in moving to the Port Jefferson area, My husband is originally from there...Anyway, I am having a hard time talking my husband into the move because it's been such a long time since he's been there & he's concerned that The area has changed since he lived there in 1990...He's concerned that it's turned in "the City".

So my question is, is it as quaint as it looks or are you afraid to take a walk around your neighborhood?

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
139 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quality Of Life

We're sorry, we removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

port jefferson,ny
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Quality Of Life

Still safe, still quaint...however, very crowded, you need to leave town to do any kind of shopping, which means trafic. The village is as it was. The Island itself has changed. Port Jeff Station is now expensive also with new homes ranging from 600,000 and up- with taxes to match. If you need to commute, it will take you 40 minutes to get to the expressway from PJ. PJ is still a small home town, and is safe as is the area's that surround it. Traffic is the major problem, and that will never go away. Your home may be in the village, but you will be living on Long Island-with all the problems that it brings. Also one other concern- PJ, Mt Sinai and Millerplace have the highest rate of breast cancer per capa in all of the US. something to think about, and research. Best of luck-j

Get answers to your questions about Port Jefferson