We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal, QC to Plattsburgh, NY

US Military FOB
7 posts
Save Topic
Montreal, QC to Plattsburgh, NY

In November 2011, I am flying into Montreal and need to find a way to the Plattsburgh, NY airport where my next flight will be about 4 hours later. Two weeks later, I will need transportation from Plattsburgh, NY up to the airport in Montreal with about 4 hours in between as well. HOWEVER, my flight times to do allow for me to take the train or bus options I have found online. There are limo services, but nothing for under $700CAD roundtrip. I am desperate to find another option... perhaps a shuttle service or a less expensive car service and am begging for guidance or suggestions. I can't be the only person to make this journey...

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal, QC to Plattsburgh, NY

I hope you have more than four hours between flights because there is no direct transportation between Plattsburgh and YUL. There are other travelers using this option but I don't think anyone has such limited time. You could take a train or a bus but you need more time. The Plattsburgh airport is small and new and I don't think you need to be there more than one hour before departure but still, four hours would be hardly enough with own transportation. What about if your first flight is late or if you're delayed at the border or there is a road construction? IMHO, you should change flights. Maybe changing flights will cost less than risking missing one of your flights. I'm sorry but there is no way you could do this without your own transportation. You should ask a person who told you this is a good idea to pay fee for changing your flights or pay $700 for car service. Even with a car service you need more than four hours between flights. Tell him/her this is not realistic idea.

2. Re: Montreal, QC to Plattsburgh, NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, October 23, 2012