We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Santorini

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Getting Married in Santorini

Hi I am getting married in Fira July 2007 and i want to be able to have a reception for my guests.Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in the area.I have read reviews on the Selene restaurant which seems to be good.Any other suggestions??

Kerrie

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
24,180 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
51. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

You just piggy-backed onto a 4-year-old inquiry. I suggest you start your own.

Manchester
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
21 helpful votes
52. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Hi Santorini-Wed-1

We've just made our booking and paid the deposit. We went to all the usual tour operators (Thomson, Thomas Cook, Olympic, Kuoni, First Choice) and they all insist that you book a fortnight on the island as well as your wedding; you can't just book the wedding on its own with them. They will tell you over and over again that this is due to residency requirements on the island, but this is simply not true if you're EU residents.

This didn't suit us as we want to go elsewhere after the wedding for our honeymoon. Flights from Manchester to Santorini only run on Tuesdays, but they are much cheaper than going indirect, which was another option we looked at (you can get flights on Expedia but they're usually going Manchester-Athens-Santorini). We've booked flights and accommodation separately and our wedding is with www.weddings-in-santorini.com. We chose them after extensive searches of internet reviews and also after directly contacting them, the responses have always been swift and reassuring. Also, compared to UK weddings, the packages available are so much better value for money!

Hope some of this information helps!

Mango x

53. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, September 06, 2010
Edited: 5:35 pm, September 06, 2010
54. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:48 am, March 06, 2011