We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Santorini

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Getting Married in Santorini

Hi I am getting married in Fira July 2007 and i want to be able to have a reception for my guests.Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in the area.I have read reviews on the Selene restaurant which seems to be good.Any other suggestions??

Kerrie

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
24,167 posts
2 reviews
31. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

You will need local assistance for at least the legalities if not more. If you don't speak Greek you won't get very far. To make it happen you'd need to go there in advance to line up all the necessary services you'd require. A wedding planner will be cheaper and less-stressful in the long run. You don't have to have a reception unless that's what you want.

I suggest you ask your questions in a new posting. This one is dated August 2006!

manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
32. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

ooop! thank new to this!! think i'll take a trip to local travel agents see what they can help with first

bolton
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
33. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Hi there Im getting married in Santorini this June and am using Ionianweddings.co.uk. Our wedding co-ordinator is Andrea. Hes greek and has been really helpful so far. Good luck x

manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
34. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

thanks, i have been in touch with ionian. keep me informed of how they deal with your wedding please:)

North England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
35. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

That was so helpful, thank you. Would you mind saying who your planner was as I am in the middle of picking one and realise I really need to be careful. Thanks

North England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
36. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Hi there,

I wondered if you could help me? Im doing my research on wedding planners and I hear about Michael lot although I have found two websites Im not sure if they are they company/Michael. Can you shed any light

weddingssantorini.com/santorini_weddings_con…

weddings-in-santorini.com/about_weddings_san…

Thanks

bolton
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
37. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Hi There

Ive heard of Michael but we decided to use Ionianweddings.co.uk and my co-ordinator is Andreas. If you take a look on their website youl see they cater for so many wedding needs. He has been great so far.

Thanks

Gayel

North England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
38. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Brilliant, thank you

sevenoaks
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
39. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Julia I would be interested in hearing in more detail about your experience. I am mid organising my wedding for 2011. We have chosen the same venue and it is a choice between companies Stella and Kivotos. Any help you can give to sway our choice would be appreciated.

Thanks

luton
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
40. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

I am finally getting married in august this year and have decided on the Irene Chapel. We have a very small party attending and felt this an apt location. We are going to Santorini in may for a holiday and to check out local restaurants that would cater for our reception meal in august, perhaps even use the hotel we are staying at for both trips? We are using Ionian weddings and have dealt with Jane. She has been very helpful. We met her at the NEC Wedding Show in October 2009. Also using Ionian means they can take care of all the legal sides with paperwork and getting all your certificates apostle stamped.

hope this is of help and good luck to all