We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Santorini

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Getting Married in Santorini

Hi I am getting married in Fira July 2007 and i want to be able to have a reception for my guests.Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in the area.I have read reviews on the Selene restaurant which seems to be good.Any other suggestions??

Kerrie

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

I am getting married in September 2007. I would like to know about the restaurants too. Thank you.

Kez22, who is your planner?

scotland
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

hiya,

i've been repping in Santorini for the summer and you've both picked a really beautiful island to get married on. If your looking for a restaurant in Fira then the Caleremi is nice and also Sphinx. both have fabulous views of the caldera. The Pyrgos Tavern is also excellent and gives fab views of the sunset.

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
3. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

For atypical greek atmosphere for a wedding celebration visit the site below

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1121-Follow_th…

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

i found wedding planner www.santoriniweddings.com but i am have been looking to see if i can book hotels and reception myself etc...am more worried about music etc at night as not sure what to choose etc as i will only be arriving 4 days before the actual cermony

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
5. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Even that seems to be logic to use a wedding planner and stay only 4 days to the island, I have to admet that I would have let him organise all including hotels , music etc since this is suposed to be his own duties right?

Instead what I ed you is to stay a week on santorini , get ready all the paperwork before arrival, find a hotel that they can fix an apointment with the Mayor officer for the ceremony somewhere on the caldera and enjoy your honeymoon on the island at least 3 nights without worries and obligations

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

I will be staying 14 nites in total in santorini but im nervous about reception etc as i want it to be elegant etc and some guests do not like sea food etc so am i dont know wot to do..so just want to research as much as possible at moment....

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
7. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Hello key, in usually sea food is not absolute for a wedding reception...

I am sure that among others it could be suggested but i believe that you can choose from many tasty dishes what it will pleased your guests as long as you have been in a Greek place over home...

Fish is the main dish for morne dinner in Greece...

California, USA
10 posts
8. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Kerrie,

Congratulations! I recently got married in Selene in May and had an awesome experience. If you are worried about serving seafood, you can talk to the owner or the manger about customizing your dinner. I had the same concerns as you and I was able to serve beef to those guest who did not eat seafood. Saying that, seafood is the best in Santorini.

Good luck.

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
9. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

I don't want to dispate your taste matter , but what it makes tasty sea food in Greece , are factors varied from someone home experience....

Its trurh though that the traditional Greek cooking, is less variable than other destinations like Asiatic of African ones , there are only ew spices and especially in fish cooking , the most common and traditional way is barbeque with lemon ,olive oil and origan....

If we pass over the cooking prefferences , the main reason that is not reccommended a fish dish for massive occasions is practical...

Who can find in santorini fish quantiy of the same kind for 50 guests for a particular occasion? Only not responsible promises could be given.....

Its truth though that mediterranean fishes are in general terms ,

very tasty and probably this is why spice or sauce are not nescessary.....

Speaking of caurse only for fresh fish.....

Sydney, Australia
1 post
10. Re: Getting Married in Santorini

Hi Kerrie,

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I am also getting married in Santorini in August 2007 and would like to know from anyone about their experiences getting married over there! For instance, costs/budgets, civil ceremonies and sunset weddings as opposed to day weddings etc.

I think I may be going for Selene restaurant for the reception and have had a look at their menu which can definitely be customised. Are you going through a wedding planner?

Jules