We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local spirits in supermarket

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Local spirits in supermarket

hi

today, 13:05

Hello Fira members

I want to buy some spirits for the apartment I am staying in, I am wondering is it cheaper for me to get this from the duty free or is it still pretty cheap in the local supermarkets? hope you can help

thanks

ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local spirits in supermarket

we bought local wines in the small markets along the walkway between Fira and Firostefani and it was pretty inexpensive (4.5 euro for a bottle!) THey had plenty of liquor as well, but I didn't really check the prices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local spirits in supermarket

fab thanks for yoru reply

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,088 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local spirits in supermarket

Most wine I saw for sale in the Fira minimarts was €7-8 a bottle.

You can get plastic containers of wine from around the €2 mark, but frankly, the one I tried, was so vile, I wouldn't recommend it. This was from the Co-Op at Perissa. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I preferred to pay for a local brand I knew the next time in order to get something drinkable.

London, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local spirits in supermarket

thanks Kenny don

appreciate your tip!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,507 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local spirits in supermarket

I bought a nice bottle of rose wine from the supermarket in Perissa for only 2.5 euros. I wasn't expecting it to be great at that price but I really enjoyed my pre dinner glass of wine on the balcony & would have brought a couple of bottles home with me if it hadn't been for the thought that all my clothes might end up with a pink tint if the bottles broke. I thought about trying the wine in plastic bottles as you got 1.5 litres for 3 euros, but as we were only there for 4 nights I wouldn't have been able to do it justice.

6. Re: Local spirits in supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014