We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to stay in Fira Town

Ny, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Want to stay in Fira Town

We'll be staying for 5 nights in Santorini soon. Can you recommend a great hotel location in Fira, close to the nightlife. Curious, which street is a very busy street at night with all of the visitors walking around, eating, socializing and enjoying cocktails?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,294 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

Please give us a clue!! How many in your party? What are your travel dates, your combined maximum daily room budget and the amenities/facilities you require?

If you plan to be there sometime between now and the end of August, ALL "streets" will be busy and full of people socializing in cafes, bars and restaurants, with most shops and galleries open until midnight.

Edited: 2:06 am, June 19, 2013
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

I'd strongly recommend at least a couple of nights in Oia. It's bustling with people around sunset (~9PM in summer) and the shops/restaurants are definitely better than Fira's. Either way if you like swimming pick a hotel with a pool, as the beaches are hard to get to and not really Santorini's strong point anyway.

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

Hi

The whole Fira is busy in the evening, not a particular street.. There is a street we call the bar street: Murphy's bar, Highlander bar, Koo club Enigma club. Close by is Casablanca Soul. Then furher down is Tropical bar and Tango bar. Tropical has a mixed crowd, many of us working here goes there and it has become a meeting place for us, mixad with tourists from any country you can imagine: a very good bar!

Myrphy's is for the young people, many English and Australians goes here. Tango is for the more sophistcated but the music is the best on the island! So is Casablanca, another great place but it doesn't start until late,,,

Good places to eat which doesn't cost a fortune are Nauossa, Kapari, Salt&Pepper, To Ouzeri .

Ingela

Edited: 9:14 am, June 19, 2013
ohio
Level Contributor
434 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

we stayed at the Hotel Ira in Firostefani, which to me was right on top of Fira! It is a lovely hotel with a pool (smallish, but adequate) and was walking distance to everything in Fira....just my opinion.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

Hi Ingela A

You might be able to answer my thread as no one has answered I was wondering what sort of prices it is to get into Enigma and Koo Club is Santorini really expensive (drinks and food) trying to calculate my money, also can you recommend a nice but not expensive restaurant, I want to surprise my mate for her 40th

Thanks in advance

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

Hi

I don't know yet (even if I work next door to both of them) but I can ask. Last summer it was 10 euros and a drink included...

Enigma and Koo are Clubs and as anywhere in the world clubs have higher prices on drinks then bars and pubs. Beers are around 3-8 in bars and coctails from 10- 14 (depending on which type of bar and if it ha caldera view, then they cahrge for it also) In clubs maybe a bit more.

Ingela

Edited: 1:59 am, June 23, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

thanks ever so much for your info much appreciated can't wait to see Santorini :)

Ny, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

Can you please recommend me some hotels. figure $250 per night

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,294 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

Use the search filters here to find what you want in your price range in the village of your choice: http://www.booking.com

10. Re: Want to stay in Fira Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 29, 2014