We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

art and wine gallery

uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
art and wine gallery

looks like im one of many waiting for produce bought from the art and wine shop in santorini,im still waiting on delivery,they told me 10 days,but its over two weeks now,has anyone got any clues.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,960 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: art and wine gallery

Libby,

Is this the shop you're referring to?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189433-i245-k36…

It seems to be a little pot luck as to what arrives and what doesn't. I don't know if the contact details given in the prior posting are still current, but I'd try them, as well as any other ones you may have from when you visited the store.

Good luck.

uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: art and wine gallery

hi kenny,

thanks for your relpy,i will keep trying to get through,i will post if i manage it

Oxford...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: art and wine gallery

I am reading these post about the Diporto House of Wine and Taste. The shop goes by this name, also. I , too, was a victim of their dishonesty. Ordered a box of 18 bottles of wines, olive oil, etc. It arrived a full month after it was promised. I know it only arrived because I was on the phone and email continuously. Yes, emails are unanswered. When I threatened charge card canellation, I received a reply it had been shipped. However, one bottle was broken. What are my odds of ever getting a reimbursement for that !?, or replacement , ha ha. Anna is laughing as she goes to the bank each day. Should I mention they NEVER insured the box prior to shipment. This is a unreliable place to do business, unless you are taking the merchandise with you. There must be a way to spread the word to other tourists

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: art and wine gallery

RE: Diporto House of Wine and Taste

OMG! I were ordered at Diporto House of Wine and Taste 2 weeks ago. I am waiting the delivery and emails are unanswered. But they have gave me their contact which is like a paper of catalogs, they're website as http://www.wines-santorini.com.

Has anyone got the same experience like me? However, after checked my credit card account that there have just charged the cost in my account a few days, should I cancel this deal or keep waiting the delivery?

Since I trusted and ordered the wines and Olive oils and others from them, therefore I haven't buy these items from other shop. What can I do now?

Edited: 11:40 pm, June 02, 2013
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: art and wine gallery

Write down your names ALL of you and I will pass by and tell them! They will be afraid of bad reputation and specially here in TA!

Ingela

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: art and wine gallery

Hi Ingela,

Thank you for your advice. My name is Sally Choi from Hong Kong. I placed the order on 20 May and the order number is #5445. The location of the shop is near the Chinese restaurant in Thira.

Thank you so much!

Sally

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: art and wine gallery

Hi Ingela,

Thank you for your advice. My name is Sally Choi from Hong Kong. I placed the order on 20 May and the order number is #5445. The location of the shop is near the Chinese restaurant in Thira.

Thank you so much!

Sally

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: art and wine gallery

I know the shop, it's called Diporto as OP says. 20th of May is only 16 days ago. I suppose they have sent it to Hongkong? There might be delays in the customs also, so wait a bit longer and message me in case it doesn't arrive, in about 10 days.

Ingela

Edited: 2:22 am, June 07, 2013
Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: art and wine gallery

Hi Ingela and EVERYONE reading this

I saw you know the Diporto shop.. Here's my sad story:

I was in Santorini in August this years, coming from a big trip and still had 2 more weeks to go and we had 2 heavy bags we wanted to send back to Australia.. We went to the wine shop and bought a few bottles and Ana suggested we left the 2 bags with her, that she would back the wine inside and ship it back to Australia with her discount from the post office.. We believed in her.

1 month later we're back home and NOTHING.. no bags.. We coincidently went to the post office this week pick up another parcel and the lady from the post office recognized my husband's name and told us there were 2 bags waiting for him for 3 weeks in the post office and were going to be sent back to Greece. Our address on them was TOTALLY wrong.. wrong numbers, wrong postcode.. the only right thing on it was my husband's name.. I remember writting my address in Ana's book my self and my writing is VERY neat..

When I opened the bags, the wine was there packed nicely but HALF my clothes were missing, brand new clothes I bought previously in NY and also my makeup!!!

We tried to call them at the shop and all they said is: "check your bags again" and then pretend they dont speak english properly when we know they do.

So those bitches went through my bags and stole my stuff.

Very disappointed.. There's nothing i can do.. except for next time i am in Santorini, I will pay them a visit.. they better move their shop somewhere else and lock their doors at night.

Don't trust these people.. SCAMMERS and CARIOLAS big time

Bala Cynwyd...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: art and wine gallery

We were in Santorini paid them for various items (wine,olive oil,seasonings act) on May 7. After 6 weeks and no package we tried to contact them by phone and email with no response. We paid them over $400 for our purchases. They finally resounded when we said we were contacting our credit card company. They gave me a tracking number and the last time there was any progress on our package was May 21. We contacted the Greece post office and they told us the package had been returned to Diporto on May 22. When I emailed Diporto and sent them the copy of the post offices response they asked if I wanted my package or my money back. I responded that we really would like what we paid for but I'd like a valid tracking number promptly. Well guess what…. never heard from them again. Not only are we contacting our credit card company (who we have already spoken with and sent us forms to get our money back) but I am going on any travel site that will listen and report our story. I urge you all to do the same. This store survives on tourists and I'm sure there are many more people out there who have had there hard earned dollars taken by theses people. I know how taken advantage and frustrated i feel and I'm sure you all feel the same. I'd like to help put a stop to this store stealing people's money and letting future travelers not have their wonderful Santorini experience tarnished by Diporto. Please let me know if you'd like to join me it making your story available to other sites that I find to post to.