We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd in...

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd in...

I intend to travel to Greece from April 16 to April 24th. It happens to be the East holiday. What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd? Should I go to visit the Island first or stay in Athens first? I plan to stay in Athens 2 nights, Santorini 3 nights and Mykonos 3 nights. Are most the shops will be closed on Easter?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd in...

you are not going to find crowd..only out of the churches the ceremony days......all the shops will be open..no reason to concern about easter.....the only you can do is to enjoy the atmospere of that period

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd in...

Thanks for your quick response. Since we only have nine days in Greece, we intend to plan our trip to fly to Mykonos directly after we arrive the Athens airport on 4/16 from NY. Then we’ll take the ferry to Santorini on 4/19 and the last stop will be in Athens. Is it a good idea to fly to Mykonos first?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd in...

yes it is...why not?

do it like this......

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What should my plan be if I want to avoid the big crowd in...

Thanks for your help. You are very helpful. We are interested to stay in Fresh Hotel in Athens. Is it close to Plaka?