We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel hellas

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel hellas

hi everyone ..does anyone know anything about the hellas hotel please..as there are not many recent reviews on here,,,it seems to have gone all inclusive,i would appreciate any advice i am staying at pantheon deluxe villas for one week then i thought i would stay somewhere else for a second week..i will be a lone female and was thinking hellas ,maybe venus beach in kamari or veggera hotel in perissa???any input gratefully recieved!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel hellas

The photo on the Hotel Hellas website shows that it's right on a road. This means noise. There are plenty of other hotels in quieter locations. If you want a central hotel in Fira in a quieter location check the Anemomilos Suites and Villas, Hotel Mylos and Sunset Hotel, or use www.booking.com's filter system to narrow your choices down by village and price.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,110 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel hellas

The Veggera is right on the beach road, at one of its narrowest and busiest points.

Having said that, it's a long established, very good quality hotel, lovely pool and an excellent restaurant attached to it.

The beach is right across the road and the rest of the excellent facilities of Perissa are right on the doorstep. I assume you've seen their site, but here's a link anyway -

http://www.veggerahotel-santorini.com/

Martin

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel hellas

thankyou for your reply .to be honest im not sure where i want to stay...i will be there the 8th of october ..i wanted to be somewhere reasonably quiet where i will feel comfortable being a lone female !

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel hellas

thankyou..do you think it will be busy 8th october ...i just want a nice clean hotel reasonably quiet where i will feel comfortable as a lone female ...hotel rena also seems to have good reviews?

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,110 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel hellas

By the 8th October the season is pretty much over, and in Perissa you'll find things very quiet.

I'm flying back to the UK on the 2nd october, which, I believe, is the last Thomas Cook flight out of the island. I think TUI may have another week before their last flight back.

In 2011, I came back on the 4th October, and, certainly in Perissa, things were winding down with many restaurants closing their door the previous night.

Having said that, there will be places still open, so if it's quiet you're after, i think you'll certainly find in on the dates you're planning to be there. This will apply pretty much to Kamari too.

Martin

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,110 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel hellas

The Rena is an excellent hotel, nowhere near as busy as the Veggera, it's a small, family run hotel in the village, not on the beach road.

Martin

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel hellas

thankyou very much for your advice ....my flight is easy jet ..so i think it will be between rena and veggera ,,decisions decisions:))

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel hellas

pantheon hotel isin imerovigli village, outside of village but with good view.

Hellas is in firostefani village not on caldera on the other side, personal not good location.mu opinion- rena or veggera I will choose veggera. both in the same area . veggera is frond of beach and back side exacly is the rena.

i propose you first week in perissa and second in imerovigli.

9. Re: hotel hellas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, June 18, 2013