We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

We planned/arranged/booked the hotel arriving on 19 May and departs on 22 May in Oia but last minute changed our mind and plan to have more days in Santorini.

Now i confirmed allready the changes with Aegan Air but the hotel is still not replying me back about the hotel booking (Fira) do you think the hotels are fully booked now? How is the status of the hotel Mid of May pretty worried sleeping anywhere....

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

I'm sure there will be plenty of alternative accommodation available, both in Fira and elsewhere on the island. No need to worry :-)

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

Mid May, no need to worry, there'll be loads of alternative accommodation if that become necessary.

Martin

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

Tinsey + bigsnitch thank you very much for the quick reply so excited visit Santorini actually u think its a good idea that we add more days staying in Santorini and less days in Greece?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

How many days will you have in Santorini and how many days in the rest of Greece (and where)? Also, what kind of holiday are you looking for?

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

After the changes 5 days santorini and 5 days athens.

Just visitting beautiful/important places. Not interested with beaches because we dont know how to swim but offcourse love to sea the beach.. Not a shopping holiday also (not enough money to spend)

We got invited to attend a wedding in Oia and we decided to stop also in athens because we do have a place to stay free....

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

5 days in Santorini and 5 days Athens.

Visit beautiful/important places going around, not so much interested with the beach because we dont know how to swim, but offcourse i want to walk and visit beach. Mainly going around only...

We got invited to attend a wedding at Oia and want to visit other places at the same time, friend have a place at athens and we can stay free...

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

I'd probably do 4 days in Santorini and 6 days in Athens, perhaps with a day trip to Aegina or some other nearby destination, mainly because there is so much more to see in Athens (and also because I like big cities). But 5 days in Santorini and 5 days in Athens is a good split, especially if one of your 5 days is likely to be spent with the wedding party.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

Found some hotels in Ferostafani village with reasonable price for us, please advice if good location were going to depend by bus specially if we will come from the airport the rest of the day can walk easily without the luggage.....

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,351 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

Firostefani is just a short 15-minute walk from the island's social/commercial center, Fira. What makes it a good choice is that it's quiet there but close to everything including the bus hub in Fira. Just know that the walk from Fira to Firostefani, although a short distance, will be uphill the whole way.

Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried not get a Hotel in Fira

but downhill on the way back I assume!