We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in planning out trip

Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help in planning out trip

My wife and | are planning a first visit to Santorini for two weeks, mid to end of September. We would like to stay at a 4x hotel on the caldera side of the island. My wife is a fussy eater and we would be looking for a hotel that offers Half Board where the dinner could be of a self-service buffet style. If this is not possible could you suggest others in the Kamari/Perissa areas instead.

Your help would be most invaluable and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited: 12:07 pm, April 01, 2011
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,802 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in planning out trip

Very few hotels are going to offer that sort of meal option. In general, most of the hotels there are self-catering, with some offering a simple continental breakfast. I've never seen a dinner buffet offered at a caldera-side hotel. You might try looking at the websites for Volcano View Villas, Loucas Hotel, Spiliotica Apartments, La Maltese Villa, Fanari Villas, Mystique, Perivolas Villas, Kirini Suites and Esperas Houses because they all have restaurants on the premises.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
145 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in planning out trip

stay in Oia. Trust me. Fira is very touristy, and nothing to see, esp for 2 weeks.

Oia has some great hotels, and the best views on the island. Rent a car though, esp if you're going to be there 2 weeks, you'll want to explore.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in planning out trip

Dont even think about HB, I don't think it even exists on Santorini, and even if it does, the food on offer is going to be lowest common denominator stuff, pasta, meats etc, under hot lights for hours getting all dried out.

There are enough restaurants on the island to cater for even the fussiest eater, if not, go self catering or let her go hungry :-))

If you can't find decent food in Oia, you may as well give up, there's everything from a couple of euros to 200+ euros per head in the classiest places.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help in planning out trip

Most hotels in Santorini especially in Oia aren't like hotels in other places such as on the bigger islands like Crete or Rhodes for example whereby you get all inclusive or full or half board. As already said, most are self catering villas/apartments/cave rooms some with breakfast included or at an extra cost. Maybe there might be one in Kamari or Perissa resorts but not on the caldera side of the island.

One of the pleasures of going to Santorini is experiencing the different tavernas/restaurants and there are plenty of choices.

Edited: 2:16 pm, April 01, 2011
5. Re: Help in planning out trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 25, 2012