We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding meal in Fira - Restaurant suggestions please

Which Fira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding meal in Fira - Restaurant suggestions please

Hi there,

I am getting married at St Irene's Chapel in May this year at sunset and we are looking for a restaurant to have a meal in afterwards.

We wanted to be in Fira as its near to the ceremony venue and peole can go out for drinks after the meal if they wish.

We dont want a reception (cant afford one) just want to book a table for around 15-20 people where they can order what they like off the menu. Price isnt too much of an issue as everyone is paying for themselves but we are looking for somewhere with great food, a good atmosphere and spot on service. Somewhere we might get made a bit of a fuss of, obviusly they will know we have just got married as I'll be waring my dress etc. I'm not bothered about it been really fancy (not basic though), its more important that everyone is relaxed, has a good time and enjoys the food.

A view would be great but then I was wondering can you still see out at night???

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Copenhagen, Denmark
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding meal in Fira - Restaurant suggestions please

We had dinner at Pyrgos, the sphinx and Archipelagos and we liked the food everywhere.

The sphinx was a bit expensive but the view was great and the service too.

Archipelagos was fine and Pyrgos had excellent Greek food.

We also like Ouzeri George in the center of Fira close to the Sphinx and Archipelagos. It had no caldera view but the food was mouth watering and cheap. We went there several times. It was suggested to us by our wedding planner for a casual meal and we loved it! Try the meatballs with ouzo! I am drooling again... i love greek food. :)

CRETE
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wedding meal in Fira - Restaurant suggestions please

I agree with brotherleelove. I prefer the food in Kallisti than in Pyrgos restaurant, although Pyrgos restaurant has a greater view.

13. Re: Wedding meal in Fira - Restaurant suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 09, 2012