We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me pick a hotel please!!!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help me pick a hotel please!!!

Hi There,

I and my fiancée ( we are 26 yr olds) are planning a trip to Greece in October, around the 20th.

We wish to spend, not more than 150 EUR per night. Our requirements from the accommodation:

1. Contemporary / modern hotel

2. Good view of the sea

Based on these criterion we have shortlisted the following hotels:

Aressana

The Majestic Hotel

Santorini Princess

Xenones Filotera

Lilium Villas

I need your help in making a recommendation on which hotel would be the best option in terms of service standards and value for money.

Also feel free to suggest a hotel that I may have missed out but falls into the budget.

Bless you... Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,123 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me pick a hotel please!!!

Put the hotel's name in the search engine on the top left, and you will get other traveller's reviews.

Edited: 2:37 am, May 26, 2010
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me pick a hotel please!!!

More or less these hotels match up in reviews, hence i was relying up on some expert advice.

Thanks...

Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me pick a hotel please!!!

The Majestic is very modern and minimalistic in decor but close to the centre of Fira (5 - 10 min walk). Only some of the rooms face the caldera, the others look over the eastern side of the island.

The Aressana does not have a view of the water, although it is located right beside the caldera, its view is blocked by the Atlantis Hotel.

Xenones Filotera is a beautiful hotel, but located a bit out of the way in Imerovigli. It does have a view of the caldera.

I would try enigma Apartments in Fira, i am not sure of their rates for a standard room but know their accomodation is amazing and centrally located with great views.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me pick a hotel please!!!

Hi

We are in Santorini right now and staying at the Blue Angel Villa. It is not one of the budget hotels however why not try to see if it is available in October for close to what you would pay.? Talk to the manager Bridgette. You just never know. It is a once in a lifetime for us $$$ wise but give her a call...the worst she can say is no. It is definately too big for two people, however why not see if they will offer you just one of the rooms (with a shower) and the kitchen. They can lock the other parts of the house??? Just a thought because this place is too beautiful to not share with as many people as possible.

Have a wonderful time.. try to book something close to the top of the cliff because it is a laborious walk with luggage and all the rest.

Enjoy

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me pick a hotel please!!!

I'm sure all the hotels you've mentioned provide high-quality service and accomodations. The locations of those with a caldera view (the Aressana does not have the view) are not as convenient as you might assume. A rental car would be adviseable unless you don't mind long walks or using taxis and buses.

You should know that Santorini Princess and Xenones Filotera are both somewhat islolated, out on the cliffs in the area between Imerovigli and Oia. Look at this map for reference: http://www.santorini-web.com/map.pdf

Lilium Villas is on the main road south of Fira and not far from the ferry port of Athinios.

The Majestic is also south on the main road, just not as far from Fira as Lilium Villas. Traffic is heavy and noisy there. Vehicles heading to the port and to the southern end of the island will pass by between the hotel and any room at the Majestic with a view of the caldera.

Check Volcano View Villas/Hotel, Caldera Butterfly Villas, Scirocco Apartments, Hotel Kavalari, Aqua Suites, Uranos Houses, Alexander Villa and Vinsanto Villas.

6. Re: Help me pick a hotel please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 15, 2011