We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the Party in Santorini

Dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Where is the Party in Santorini

Me and 9 single guys are coming to Santorini mid august and we are wondering what is the best area to stay for night life, and whats the clubs like, we are all 21, any advice wud be appriciated

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
24,055 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

In or near the main village of Fira (lots of bars, clubs, discos, etc.) is where you want to be, but waiting this long to find rooms for 9 people was a big mistake. You must not understand just how popular it is there. Most hotels in Fira will have already been booked solid for at least 2 months. Also, expect to pay high prices for drinks. Even a beer will cost you as much as 8 euro. Cocktails go for 10 euro or more depending on the bar.

Good luck and have fun!

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
24,055 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

One more thought:

In case you didn't already know, Ios is the all-time 20-Something Greek party island. Your money will go further there and in mid-August the party will go on 24 hours a day.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
736 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

Thira is a great night out Kamari is good too im sure you'll enjoy it

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

Wet stories and chilli bar at perivolos for after beach parties, then tropical, murphies, koo club, enigma or tithora (rock) in fira :)

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
413 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

I agree with Santorinilover try Kamari theres plenty of restaurants, bars & 2-3 clubs plus things are less expensive than Fira.

Youl love Kamari!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

Agreed try Kamari

South Shields...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
7. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

There are much better places than santorini in all fairness for a lads drinking and party place..... have you considered, Kavos in corfu or laganas in zante??

Santorini does have some canny good nightlife, but if I were going with a load of mates it would be the last Greek Island that I would consider... Falaraki, Kavos, Malia, Laganas , Aiya Napa (Cyprus) etc would ALL come before ANYWHERE on Santorini! - Do yourselves a favour and research 'Party' resorts... I shouldn't imagine anywhere on Santorini even getting in the top fifty, but if you are insistant on Sanorini then I would reccomend either Fira or Kamari - but to be fair, both towns are suited to either sightseers or families, looking for a relaxed and peaceful holiday - with the 'OPTION' of a cracking night out - I must stress that there is nowhere really on Santorini geared for an 18 - 30s style ' drink and party 24/7' type of holiday that I suspect you and your mates are looking for.

I hope this helps - and If you do ultimately choose Santorini - please bear in mind that your fellow travellers will undoubtadly NOT be chosing Santorini for the same reasons as yourselves. So whatever you do or decide, please behave yourselves and dont spoil the experience for the people that will be visiting either as couples for the romance and the views, or the families looking for a picturesque, beautiful get-away.

Please don't think that I'm tarring you lads with a dodgy 'bevvy all night and cause a riot' sort of brush - but really, there are MUCH better locations than anywhere on Santorini for a lads 'party all night and sleep during the day' sort of holiday.

Again, no offence intended - I'm merely trying to steer you lads somewhere that will give you exactly what you lads are looking for.

Chris

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
8. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

you must to choose other island, santorini isnot for nightlife and clubs, santorini isnot for you, I agree with CLP.

Dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

Thanks for all you're posts guys they have been very helpfull, we have decided to change our route. We are spending 3 nights in Paros, then 2 nights in Naxos, then 2 nights in Santorini and 7 nights in Ios. We have accomdation booked in Ios the far out beach club. If u guys cud let me know what paros and naxos is like that would be brillant.

Ireland
Level Contributor
291 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: Where is the Party in Santorini

We were going to spend 14 nights in Santorini, but after reading about Naxos, we've decided to spend 7 nights there and 7 in Santorini. Naxos sounds like a lovely island. Lots of bars and restaurants, nice beaches etc. Have you looked at the Naxos forum?

Enjoy!!